• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TrueHD and DTS-MA passthrough + PCM

Torrnado

Hi,

first an amendment to ticket #605 - this HD-audio passthrough option should work with both TrueHD and DTS-MA

Furthermore, a PCM/LPCM option would be great.

For me, keeping the HD-audio or at least uncompressed PCM is the dealbreaker when ripping BD. The main reason I have purchased CloneBD instead of trying to fiddle with it on my own is because I think you will implement it in the future :)

+10000000000000000 on this feature. Most BD don't offer a standard audio track anymore so the HD audio in either passthrough or remixing would be a huge plus.

+1 for me as well with an AC-3 file as an another second option would be great too.

Same stuff

+1 that's the incredibly missing option ... why compressing when you can just copy the stream as is ... not only it will be the best quality, but also faster to compress only the video.

Also why compressing in 5.1 when the original stream is 7.1 ??

Last edited:
+10000000000000000 on this feature. Most BD don't offer a standard audio track anymore so the HD audio in either passthrough or remixing would be a huge plus.

Not sure what you mean. If you mean an AC3/DTS track then that's the 'core audio' built into the HD audio track so you just tell it to keep the 'core audio'. It would be pointless putting the same track on twice to a Blu-ray when it's already built into the HD audio track

Not sure what you mean. If you mean an AC3/DTS track then that's the 'core audio' built into the HD audio track so you just tell it to keep the 'core audio'. It would be pointless putting the same track on twice to a Blu-ray when it's already built into the HD audio track

That was not an option on Transformers. It appears it's a problem with something else and not DTS/AC3 in general. Since Transformers was the first and only BD I tried CloneBD on I haven't tried any others. I simply went back to using BD-RB.

Ah OK, Transformers uses Dolby TrueHD which doesn't have a core audio option per se, but has to have an extra track for AC3 5.1 attached to the main TrueHD track. Most films these days use an HD audio track that has a compressed core audio so they only need to use 1 audio track for full HD audio and ac3/DTS combined as opposed to 2 separate audio tracks but only seen as 1 on the player

Dolby TrueHD is an optional codec on Blu-ray players so is not part of the required specs hence the extra AC3 track in case your player doesn't support TrueHD

I suspect they are going to have to look into Dolby TrueHD handling and get CloneBD to recognize the AC3 component

Last edited:
Back