• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

True HD output and Power DVD

That whine is likely because you have onboard sound, thats why I switched to my x-fi card. Basically the onboard audio is to close (and has no shielding from) electrical interference generated by the electronics on the motherboard (try using a radio or a cell phone near your computer, you ll get the same problem). By using a soundcard generally this is reduced (I cannot hear it at the highest volume levels like I could using onboard). This is the advantage of digital formats(i.e. coaxial or toslink).

You are right on the mark. I have sound on my Motherboard. The plan was to do with it until I figured out which sound card to get.

I would like to get back to digital out and the one thing that I have not checked is the optical cable. I did install the Arcsoft software and it does the same thing to the digital sound as PDVD does.

As I said, Cyberlink have acknowledged this as a bug. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.
Downmixing to 2-channel PCM is not fixed in 3704 :(.

This is what I got from Cyberlink when i raised it with them:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

In response to your concern, please note that our R & D Department is still working on the SPDIF issue and would release the relevant patch/upgrade build soon.

However, any fixed date has not been declared for the release of this fix.

And when it does get fixed will we be able play media files from the hard drive or are we going to have to choose between playing hard drive files or playing digital 5.1? This sucks!

And when it does get fixed will we be able play media files from the hard drive or are we going to have to choose between playing hard drive files or playing digital 5.1? This sucks!
You can very easily convert your ripped hd and bd files to iso. Just use imgburn - it is simple. No compromise required. Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the links. BTW here is a link to a discussion over at AVS about audio in ati 2xxx series of cards:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=12866844

While the difference in 1.2 and 1.3 is indeed amatter of protocols, since the audio is passed to the card in a manner similar to s/pdif, the most it can output is 2 channel PCM.

FYI:

737-28948: Radeon™ HD2xxx series - LPCM 5.1 modulated audio signal NOT supported on Integrated HD Audio Codec

The information in this article applies to the following configuration(s):

* Radeon™ HD2900 series
* Radeon™ HD2600 series
* Radeon™ HD2400 series
* DVI-HDMI Adapter (Part Number: 6141054300G)

Symptoms:
Linear PCM 5.1 Audio is not available when playing HD DVD and Blu-Ray content.

Solution:
The integrated HD Audio codec of Radeon™ HD2xxx series does NOT support Multi-Channel Linear PCM (5.1). It supports 2-Channel LPCM and Multi-Channel AC3 5.1 Audio formats for HDMI output using DVI-HDMI adapter.

Hopefully they'll update the HDMI audio core in the 7xx series, supposedly due later this year.

Thanks for the info digitalfreak. By 7xx, do you mean 27xx or 37xx? and I agree, I hope they update the HDMI core, thought Auzentechs HDMI dim board looks promising if it ATI don t.

You can very easily convert your ripped hd and bd files to iso. Just use imgburn - it is simple. No compromise required. Or am I missing something?

BD+ can't be played from ISOs without AACS on it....:(

Thanks for the info digitalfreak. By 7xx, do you mean 27xx or 37xx? and I agree, I hope they update the HDMI core, thought Auzentechs HDMI dim board looks promising if it ATI don t.
I think he is talking of the RV700 series -the internal ATI terminology for their next gpu family. It may well be the 4xxx series when released.

I think he is talking of the RV700 series -the internal ATI terminology for their next gpu family. It may well be the 4xxx series when released.

That would be correct. I don't see ATI making any major architectural changes until then.

Downmixing to 2-channel PCM is not fixed in 3704 :(.

This is what I got from Cyberlink when i raised it with them:

I haven't decided yet if Cyberlink keeps putting this off because they are trying to get in the good graces of the DRM Nazis or if their programmers are just a bunch of incompetent boobs.

I haven't decided yet if Cyberlink keeps putting this off because they are trying to get in the good graces of the DRM Nazis or if their programmers are just a bunch of incompetent boobs.

Probably a matter of prioritization. Not a DRM issue as standalone players do this just fine.

Nope, not all downmixing problems. When using s/pdif multi-channel LPCM is encoded as DD, but True HD is still downmixed to 2-channel PCM instead of DD.

Back