• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

True Grit (2010) R2

I thought this wasn't recommended for DVD's?

It's identical to using ImgBurn. It's only not recommended because a lot of people still use programs like DVD Shrink, which doesn't work right on the original with AnyDVD running, so it also won't work on the image.

AnyDVD patches the disc "on the fly" to remove structural copy protections. The disc will completely work 100% in a player (software or hardware). It will only not work properly in older programs that haven't been updated to work with AnyDVD, such as DVDShrink.

If you don't need or want to shrink the disc or remove anything or pull just the movie, "Rip to Image" will work just fine. It's identical to using ImgBurn or CloneCD.

It's identical to using ImgBurn or CloneCD.
If you use AnyDVD's Rip to Image with a DVD that contains stuctural protection, this remains in the image.

I know when creating an ISO with CloneDVD2, there is no structural protection.
I assume the same for CloneCD, too?

Do images made with ImgBurn have the structural protection on the image?

Last edited:
It will only not work properly in older programs that haven't been updated to work with AnyDVD, such as DVDShrink.

Not quite "only".
A disk made this way will also not rip properly with Windows Explorer drag and drop.

-W

If you use AnyDVD's Rip to Image with a DVD that contains stuctural protection, this remains in the image.

I know when creating an ISO with CloneDVD2, there is no structural protection.
I assume the same for CloneCD, too?

Do images made with ImgBurn have the structural protection on the image?

CloneDVD reauthors. "ISO" in CloneDVD simply means that it puts the reauthored content into an ISO container (as opposed to burning the reauthored content to a blank disc).

CloneCD does *not* reauthor. It takes a mirror bit for bit image of the DVD the way your computer sees it with AnyDVD running. ImgBurn does the same. "Rip to image" in AnyDVD does the same. The "structural protection" that is on the image is patched so that it will work in DVD players and most recently updated software (exactly as it is when you have AnyDVD running).

CloneCD does *not* reauthor. It takes a mirror bit for bit image of the DVD the way your computer sees it with AnyDVD running. ImgBurn does the same. "Rip to image" in AnyDVD does the same. The "structural protection" that is on the image is patched so that it will work in DVD players and most recently updated software (exactly as it is when you have AnyDVD running).

I realise that.
I'm just wanting to know as much as possible (even though I don't use ISO myself).
Thanks.

True Grit and The Fighter region 2

I'm getting the same problem with these movies

I'm getting the same problem with these movies
Well that narrows it down :bang:
Which exact issues are you getting and using what build of AnyDVD? Also where are your logfiles as requested in the 'read before you post' sticky?

hi i have
the latest build and cannot copy true grit or the fighter either
darren

hi all, i had this problem, downloaded beta version and all is well again plays fine on my dvd player.
same with the fighter
darren

Please elaborate. AnyDVD 6.8.0.8 should work fine.

James I was able to rip the DVD but when I try to play the resulting Video_TS in WinDVD or PowerDVD it doesn't load. I seems to just read "02 Angle 1, 02 Angle 2, and 02 Angle 3.

I can play it with VLC though. I would like to be able to burn a copy that will play on my DVD player...

ANYDVDHD 6.8.0.8
Que pasa?

more info (again)

James I was able to rip the DVD but when I try to play the resulting Video_TS in WinDVD or PowerDVD it doesn't load. I seems to just read "02 Angle 1, 02 Angle 2, and 02 Angle 3.

I can play it with VLC though. I would like to be able to burn a copy that will play on my DVD player...

ANYDVDHD 6.8.0.8
Que pasa?

I asked in another thread for more information (on the 5th) and instead of giving me that you jumped in here with the same "it fails" text. :mad:
So, again (and no help until we get the info)

1. what is your country/region?
2. Can we see a log zip for AnyDVD for this
3. If you do not have the original anymore don't expect much help.

Thanks

Beta files

I have read through the entire forum on the issue with true grit (2010). A couple of times you refer the Beta file at the top of the page. The links don't work and I cannot for some reason find the beta file at the top of the page. Could you help me out?

Thank

It'

I have read through the entire forum on the issue with true grit (2010). A couple of times you refer the Beta file at the top of the page. The links don't work and I cannot for some reason find the beta file at the top of the page. Could you help me out?

Thank

It's usually at the very "TOP" of the Forum referenced so as shown here:

http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

the very "TOP" shows the announcement for the beta.

Personally, I prefer the following which I use for support requests:

Please get this beta for AnyDVD. Install and reboot.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48182

Always search the Forum first to see if there is a beta.
We DO suggest that when you open a ticket.

Did you find it now?

Last edited:
It's identical to using ImgBurn. It's only not recommended because a lot of people still use programs like DVD Shrink, which doesn't work right on the original with AnyDVD running, so it also won't work on the image.
Frank thinks otherwise...
And how did you create the ISO?
Do not use that function in AnyDVD but use ImgBurn for DVDs. The ISO function in AnyDVD is for BluRays only.

Source: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=314970#post314970

Back