trouble with sex in the city backup

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by mag357cl, Jun 2, 2008.

1. mag357cl

mag357cl New Member

Hi all,
    I backed up the season 4 chapters 1-4 of sex in the city dvds and when i put
    it in my player it only played the main menu. when i pickes the episode i wanted it wont play. it wont play anything but the main menu?????
    any ideas.
    thanks chris

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1)
    a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
    b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
    c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
    d) Select "Create Logfile"
    e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
    f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
    g) Go to your My Documents folder
    h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
    i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like [​IMG] (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
    j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    m) click "upload"
    n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

2) Ensure that you do not have "Remove annoying adverts and trailers" enabled in Anydvd. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "Default". Click "ok".

3) Use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blank (not valueline) media only. Stop using Memorex. Do not burn at max (try half the rated speed of your blank media).

4) Rip the entire disc including full menus to your hard drive using Clonedvd 2.9.1.7. Then watch that rip on your computer using Powerdvd or a decent dvd software playback program. If you don't have a problem, the problem was what I listed in #2--or some choice that you made in Clonedvd.

3. mag357cl

mag357cl New Member

sex in the city log

here is the log file for the sex in the city backup, removed the adverts and trailers still didnt work....

Attached Files:

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1. Update Anydvd

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
    ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
    iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
    iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
    v. Click "properties".
    vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
    vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
    viii. Start Anydvd

3. Update Clonedvd

Afc.sys is typically installed by Arcsoft Photo Impressions. That filter can cause a lot of problems.

i) Create a backup of your registry
    ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
    (it's also an excellent program imo)
    iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Afc". Click "Removed Selected Filter". Select "dvd43llh". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
    iv) Reboot

5. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and follow the steps (step by step)