• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trouble with m2ts files after using AnyDVD HD

chelo77

Hi I''m pretty much a newbie here but I cannot solve this problem as I have tried. I extracted or ripped the files of a BD, the movie rataouille successfully using anydvd HD. I placed the files on my Hard Drive and then transferred them to my new Tvix 6500. I copied the folder and i click on an m2ts file and it does play but with no sound????

Does an m2ts file carry video by itself or does it carry audio as well??

The main folder has many folders within but the stream folder carries all the m2ts files, is there a way to put the sound together?

I don't want to decode to a lower standard, want to keep it at its highest standard.

Is there a solution to my problem, if so what is it?

The .m2ts is a container which carries both video and many audio streams. The largest files in the stream folder are typically the main movie file (with both audio and video).

If you don't get audio it's because of the inability of your audio/video equipment to decode the main audio stream, try selecting other audio streams with your TVix, otherwise you will need to remux the m2ts file with tsMuxer and potentially convert the audio file using eac3to (your default audio stream may be a hidef stream which your A/V receiver may not be able to decode, you may have to convert to a different audio stream). Go to doom9.org to download these programs. Good luck.

If you need to remux the m2ts, see my signature for movie only bd and instead of outputting to a new folder structure, output to a new m2ts. Depending on the type of audio stream you have, tsmuxer might be able to extract the core audio from it, as well, saving you the need to convert it with eac3to. The other benefit of this method is for seamless branching titles that are contained within several m2ts files, not just one. You can remaster a single file with this method.

Back