• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trouble with Army of Darkness

Robin66

I've been converting my DVD collection like mad (set up a windows server to provide them to my Xbox360) but I've bumped into a problem with a very few of my discs, Army of Darkness being one of them.

When I watch the converted movie, they play back inside a small box on the tv instead of the original format that the movie was in (widescreen in this case). I've tried every setting I can think of, but nothing seems to fix it. This also happened with Armageddon.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? I need my Ash fix! :)

Thanks in advance!

I've been converting my DVD collection like mad (set up a windows server to provide them to my Xbox360) but I've bumped into a problem with a very few of my discs, Army of Darkness being one of them.

When I watch the converted movie, they play back inside a small box on the tv instead of the original format that the movie was in (widescreen in this case). I've tried every setting I can think of, but nothing seems to fix it. This also happened with Armageddon.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? I need my Ash fix! :)

Thanks in advance!
Try Letterbox Zoom (Half or Full) on your mobile settings (you get a preview in the appropriate settings page). Some movies are letterboxed in a 4:3 format.

no luck

I'm using the Generic DivX Model. It doesn't offer me a zoom when I backup this movie.

:( Any other ideas?

I'm using the Generic DivX Model. It doesn't offer me a zoom when I backup this movie.

:( Any other ideas?
The simplest solution would be to use the zoom function on your TV for this title.

Alternatively you could pass the CloneDvdMobile DivX output through AviDemux and use the autocrop feature to remove the black bars.

AviDemux is pretty simple (and free) and comes with all kinds of neat codecs and filters (http://www.avidemux.org - I'm using version 2.4 GTK+). To remove black bars just open the CloneDvdMobile output file in AviDemux, click on the little arrow on the box that says copy under Video and choose your output format. If you are keeping it in Divx choose MPEG-4 ASP (Xvid4) and then choose "Filters" and then double-click on Crop - this will open a separate Crop Settings window. Choose Autocrop and OK - voila! (Make sure that you are on a frame of the movie using the slider bar at the top of the preview in this window - if you Autocrop on the black screen sometimes found at the beginning then everything is cropped!)

Click Close in the Video Filter Manager, then Save in the main window (you have to include the file name AND extension .avi for the output) and it will now be minus all the black bars.

To do more sophisticated processing they have a help file and user guide online.

The autocrop feature is part of the mEncoder specification (mEncoder is used by CloneDvdMobile but this feature is not, so at the moment you need a tool like AviDemux which does implement it). Hopefully autocrop might also be implemented in a future release of CloneDvdMobile (search for autocrop if you are interested in discussions in this forum on that feature request).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back