• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trouble using the Preview Player for UHD

testiles

UHD Guru
Hey guys.

Hoping to get a little help with this.

The Preview Player in CloneBD seems unable to play the Main Title for a UHD disc/iso on my computer.

The computer plays UHD movies via PowerDVD 17 perfectly.

But when I try to preview in CloneBD, the movie advances maybe just a few frames per second. And ofc there is no sound.

I found this out when trying to test various UHD's for the presence of Cinavia via the Preview Player. It's not detected because the movie is not playing properly.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

On another thread someone suggests it may be because I'm using Intel 630 internal graphics and that perhaps CloneBD has trouble using hardware acceleration with this iGPU.

I do have QuickSync(Intel) h/w acceleration enabled for both encoding and decoding but not sure if that has anything at all to do with the Preview Player....

Help, please.

EDIT: I'm using CloneBD 1.2.2.1 and (if it's relevant) AnyDVD 8.2.6.0

T

On another thread someone suggests it may be because I'm using Intel 630 internal graphics and that perhaps CloneBD has trouble using hardware acceleration with this iGPU.

I do have QuickSync(Intel) h/w acceleration enabled for both encoding and decoding but not sure if that has anything at all to do with the Preview Player....

Yes, that is true - at the moment, there is no support for UHD hw acceleration other than nVidia built into CloneBD.
So in your case, rendering is pure software and that is outrageously over-challenging an average CPU.

There is certainly some Intel-Acceleration in the making, though. I believe, they addressed nVidia first, simply because it's most wide-spread and the best performing GPU.

Yes, that is true - at the moment, there is no support for UHD hw acceleration other than nVidia built into CloneBD.
So in your case, rendering is pure software and that is outrageously over-challenging an average CPU.

There is certainly some Intel-Acceleration in the making, though. I believe, they addressed nVidia first, simply because it's most wide-spread and the best performing GPU.

Ah it all makes sense now.

I (mistakenly) thought h/w acceleration only gets involved when you are compressing a movie in CloneBD.

Didn't realize it came into play with the Preview Player.

Glad Intel h/w accel is coming up then.

As you know, at the moment, if you want to play full UHD discs on your computer you have to use PDVD. And it only works with Intel Graphics. That's the reason I have it on this computer.

Therefore kinda stuck with it.

Hope to see CloneBD incorporate it soon.

Thanks, Pete.

T

Pete,

Are there still plans for CloneBD to utilize QuikSync hardware acceleration for HEVC?

Is that something that may happen near future?

T

Back