• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trial won't work in virtual machine

slysoftfan

Hi! I used to use AnyDVD for DVDs way back in the Slysoft days. I'm on a Mac now and wanted to try to use it again for some of my Blurays, but the trial says you can only use full versions in virtual machines (which is what I need to use since I only have a Mac).

Is there any way to get the trial to work in Parallels virtual machines? I don't really want to buy the software and then realize it doesn't work at all in a virtual machine or with my Blurays.

Or is there a full refund period if I can't get it to work?

Thanks for your help!

You can try bootcamp ?!?

Or use the last Slysoft version to test.

Hi! I used to use AnyDVD for DVDs way back in the Slysoft days. I'm on a Mac now and wanted to try to use it again for some of my Blurays, but the trial says you can only use full versions in virtual machines (which is what I need to use since I only have a Mac).
Not really helping, but I can guarantee you, that AnyDVD supports all (non UHD) Blu-ray discs that exist today.

Thanks, Pete.

James, Pete helped me get the trial working. Have a few that don't seem to work (yet). Will look on the other forum sections for help with those so not to post in wrong section.

Appreciate the help!

Have a few that don't seem to work (yet). Will look on the other forum sections for help with those so not to post in wrong section.
I am very curious.

Hello,
sorry but I have exactly the same problem, as described in this thread. I have a Mac and I use a a Parallels VM with Windows.
I am searching for a solution to backup my BD/DVD library. Installation of AnyDVD ends roughly because I run it into a VM.

I understand that you want to avoid misuse of the test period. But how do I do it now?
I will not invest 59 € for one year, just to validate that the product meets my expectations! Similarly, if I am satisfied with the software, I would have preferred to buy a license for life, and not lose 59 €!

In any case, if I buy the license, you wrote that I could not expect any refund... You wrote : "Our products are offered as 'try-before-you-buy'. You can try them free for 21 days in order to evaluate the software and the functions before you proceed here and actually make a purchase. If you proceed here you accept our purchase terms and RedFox does not refund your money if you are not satisfied with our products."

It would be great, if you could generate a temporary key, depending on e-mail/time/some machine serial nbr, as many vendor. And also I saw in this forum that you check the key at each use on a license server. This should be enough to protect your interests. No?
Also think that if I took the time to write this message, how many people will turn to another solution? The difference is maybe that I already know the very high value of AnyDVD ;)
Regards,
Laurent

Laurent,

that sounds too complicated as far as I assess this. The only practical solution would be to offer a very short time licence - say 60 days - at a bargain price.

There are no temporary keys. But perhaps @Pete can inform you just like he did slysoftfan how to get things working properly.

Hello,
First, thank you for your understanding ;)
It installs smoothly with this version.
The trial version is correctly activated.
I can test it ! And I know that AnyDVD has a very good support, with the Redfox team !
Regards,
Laurent

I am very curious.

Hi James. Would it be possible for you to start a conversation with me on the forum so I can share the details with you? I just tried to PM you and it says I cannot start a conversation with you.

Thank you!

Hi James. Would it be possible for you to start a conversation with me on the forum so I can share the details with you? I just tried to PM you and it says I cannot start a conversation with you.

Thank you!
If you have issues with a Blu-ray disc, you should create a own troubleshooting thread in the Blu-ray section.

hi there,
i'm so sorry if i am not ment to post here, but I have the same issue,
I downloaded
SetupAnyDVD8480.exe
I am running vmware workstation pro with windows 10 v1909 guest tryed installing, installation finishes.
rebooted vm
get the message
need full lisence to run in a virtual machine!
could someone help?
i'm blind by the way,
Majid

No we can't. The message tells you exactly what you need to do, to run in a VM. Get a license.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

@majid

We had too many "smart" people using AnyDVD trials in VMs for years without license. SO we decided, not to run as a trial in VM.

@majid
don't be afraid to buy this software is worth every euro you have the team will always help you when you need it :) really no need to worry about buying a license :)

i have another thread. I'd like to buy this i think. I am not a Blu-ray expert.

What does this mean? AnyDVD supports all (non UHD) Blu-ray discs

i have another thread. I'd like to buy this i think. I am not a Blu-ray expert.

What does this mean? AnyDVD supports all (non UHD) Blu-ray discs
Trick question? :sneaky:
It means "AnyDVD supports all (non UHD) Blu-ray discs". And most UHD (4k) Blu-ray discs.

EDIT:
UHD Blu-ray discs are new UHD (4K) format. These discs are incompatible with normal (non-UHD) Blu-ray players.
It is confusing, because both are called "Blu-ray".

Back