• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Transformers - Dark of the Moon

TODDSSF

I just got Transformers Dark of the Moon. AnyDVD has been crunching on it for over 45 minutes now.

I've never seen one go this long. Is there an issue? Anyone seen a movie take this long?

well are you running the lastest release ? 6.8.7.0. This disc could not be handled properly untill the previous beta (6.8.6.2). It is now. Upgrade to the latest version

I assume you mean the Blu-ray release of this? I've had no problem with it.

Yes it was the BlueRay

I go the email notifying me of the upgrade literally about an hour after I posted this. After making the upgrade last night, it worked fine.

Thanks.

Playing Transformers: Dark Of The Moon (2011) BD50 format.

I used AnyDVD HD 6.8.7.0 to remove the copy protection from Transformers: Dark Of The Moon (2011) Blu-ray disc, then used DVD Fab to rip the movie from disc to hard drive, did full disc, BD50 copy, so far everything went as it should, then when I tried playing the copy on hard drive in Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5, it just goes to a blank, black screen, & nothing happens, this media player has worked fine for all my other BD50 movies, so I don't understand where the problem is.

My question is, has anybody had any luck playing their BD50 of this movie in Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5, & if so what did they do differently, if anything.

I've spent 2 days so far trying to resolve this problem without any success. I should note that Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5, plays the movie fine when it's straight from the disc. VlC media player will play the BD50 movie, but I can't use that to get the HD audio, & disc menu etc, using that would defeat the purpose of having a 7.1 A/V receiver that decodes the HD audio.

Thanks to anybody who can give me some insight on the issue.

DVDFab....Very likely the issue as I just watched this with TMT5 the other night with no problems. I don't understand why you need DVDFab for this process? :confused: If you want to make a BD50 backup, just use the AnyDVD HD image ripper to create an ISO image, and then use something like ImgBurn to write it back to a disc. Done.

Reply to SamuriHL

Thanks for your quick response. I have been using DVD Fab for a long time for other Blu-ray discs with no problems whatsoever, those play every time in Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5. I would do it the way you mentioned, but I don't want to Buy dual layer BD-R discs, & don't want to compress the disc to BD25, then burn to single layer BD-R. DL BD-R is too expensive, hard disk drive space is much cheaper, & has been the way I've done it always. I'm getting no error messages, or anything when I use DVD Fab for Transformers: Dark Of The Moon (2011) Blu-ray disc, & I have re-done the entire process three times, always with the same results.

I'm wondering if there is a setting in AnyDVD HD, that I need to change?

One other solution I'm going to try, in case your right, is to upgrade DVD Fab, because I had to upgrade AnyDVD HD for this movie, so maybe DVD FAB is the issue.

Wait, now I'm REALLY :confused:! If you're just ripping to hard drive (amen to that!) then you REALLY don't need DVDFab at all. If you want a folder, just use the Rip Video DVD to Harddisk option of AnyDVD. If you want an ISO to mount, use the Rip to Image option of AnyDVD. Done. :) Too many cooks in your kitchen. ;)

I'm failing to see why DVDFab needs to be used at all here. Rip using the AnyDVD ripper to an ISO or to a folder on your HDD. Mount the image and play the movie. If you want to remove superfluous stuff like unnecessary languages, etc, then use something like Clown_BD (freeware) along with AnyDVD to create a movie-only backup which will save space on the HDD that you rip the Blu-Ray to. I agree with SamuriHL that there's too many cooks in the kitchen and lean towards DVDFab causing the problem.

I'm failing to see why DVDFab needs to be used at all here. Rip using the AnyDVD ripper to an ISO or to a folder on your HDD. Mount the image and play the movie. If you want to remove superfluous stuff like unnecessary languages, etc, then use something like Clown_BD (freeware) along with AnyDVD to create a movie-only backup which will save space on the HDD that you rip the Blu-Ray to. I agree with SamuriHL that there's too many cooks in the kitchen and lean towards DVDFab causing the problem.

Yup. And the quickest test of all: Always *play* the original disc first. If it does while AnyDVD is running, you have to look elsewhere for the problem.

It should be noted that I played this movie in TMT5 with AnyDVD 6.8.7.0 the other night and had zero problems.

Reply to SamuriHL

That the same version of AnyDVD HD I'm using, & plan to use Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 to play it, so shouldn't have any problem if I do the way you mentioned.

That's correct. You should be good to go. Which means, that if you are wanting to rip it, do what James said first...play the original in TMT5 with AnyDVD running. If it works, then ripping it with AnyDVD will work just fine. Don't rip first to test it...just play it first to make sure it'll be ok. If you do run into any problems, let us know and we'll work with you to fix it.

One other solution I'm going to try, in case your right, is to upgrade DVD Fab, because I had to upgrade AnyDVD HD for this movie, so maybe DVD FAB is the issue.

You should never have to use Slysoft products in conjunction with DVDFab products. AnyDVD-HD can give you a correct ISO all by itself. Nobody here is talking about compressing or burning anything.

-W

Last edited:
Thanks for the help!

I used just AnyDVD HD for Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Blu-ray Disc, & ripped with that to HDD, worked great, nice to know I can do it that way, thanks for all the information!

Back