• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Transformers crashing with AnyDVD

XxDeadlyxX

Transformers plays fine on 3516 without AnyDVD, however with AnyDVD enabled and 'Remove Highest XPL File' to get rid of the Web Enabled features, usually when I click play or go to the first scene PowerDVD will instantly crash (ie. PowerDVD has encountered a problem), and when it does play, at some point through the movie randomly it will pause up for a few seconds then reboot the PC.

No other title has this problem, I have about 80 HD-DVD/BD and all play fine. I've tried different combinations with the HD-DVD options in AnyDVD but none seem to fix it and some make it not work at all. It has the same problem in build 3319a too.

Any suggestions?

I had a problem with two HD DVD discs that would act this way,while all others played fine.I was running 3104a and tried to update to 3319a and it would start to and after a minute or so it would abort saying a file was missing.I finally gave up and reinstalled from the original disc and then all movies played fine.They are older titles but,maybe you have a corrupted file like I did.

I had a problem with two HD DVD discs that would act this way,while all others played fine.I was running 3104a and tried to update to 3319a and it would start to and after a minute or so it would abort saying a file was missing.I finally gave up and reinstalled from the original disc and then all movies played fine.They are older titles but,maybe you have a corrupted file like I did.

Hmm I've reinstalled it several times, even on a fresh windows install, no difference :(

I just remembered,some people were saying in latest versions of PDVD,that they changed something that looks for AnyDVD and won`t play if it`s running.

No problems playing Transformers with 3516 and AnyDVD active.

I just remembered,some people were saying in latest versions of PDVD,that they changed something that looks for AnyDVD and won`t play if it`s running.

These people are wrong.

O.K.,thanks for the correction James.That`s good to know.

I'm gonna cry :confused::mad:
for crying out loud.
Which version of PowerDVD should we all be using ?
Assuming we want it to work ??!!

Love AnyDVD very happy.
The PowerDVD side of things is killing me.
Best version guys please thats plays my original discs and the backup from my hard drive

Cheers
Graham

I'm gonna cry :confused::mad:
for crying out loud.
Which version of PowerDVD should we all be using ?
Assuming we want it to work ??!!

Love AnyDVD very happy.
The PowerDVD side of things is killing me.
Best version guys please thats plays my original discs and the backup from my hard drive

Cheers
Graham
IIRC, I had no problem playing Transformers with PDVD 7.3.3516 (even without AnyDVD HD running) as long as I disabled internet access. I could not get it to play at all with PDVD 7.3.2911, which was why I upgraded to 3516 and then decided to purchase AnyDVD.

However, 3516 is not ideal because it disables software decoding mode and prevents HDD playback, so it would be good to find a way to play on 2911.

I suspect the problem is the code that enables internet interactivity.

I haven't looked into the .XPL file yet to see if it can be edited out whilst still retaining full menu driven playback.

What I expect is possible is to reduce the .XPL down to the movie only and play that in all versions of PowerDVD, but it would be annoying losing the extras functionality by menu.

I've modified Harry Potter Order Of The Phoenix Japanese version to play only the movie in 2911 (before it refused to play in 2911) and may put Transformers next on my list to experiment with, when I find the time.

The "magic file replacement" facility of AnyDVD HD is an incredibly useful tool, but without a better understanding of exactly how the xml works, editing is limited to trial and error rather than design.

Personally I feel that 3319a is the best version of PowerDVD so far. It has a few problems here and there(Pan's Labyrinth sound, no profile 1.1 support, etc) but overall it's the best version they put out. It plays BD+ from both images and folders. And it most definitely plays Transformers. I would search for that version.

Back