• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Transformers a biggie!!

Clams

The rip of the main movie only (with AC3 5.1 audio) is 6.33GB

To shrink the rip to 4.35GB took my machine 34 minutes.
9 minutes for deep analasys, 25 minutes to transcode it (HD to 2nd HD)

That's the worst one I've seen yet on my new machines.

-W

Weird. I've got the DVD ripped to my HD as well, though I took the whole thing instead of just the movie (7.48GB total)... obviously it's just the single-disc version. All I took out was the non-english audio tracks from the main movie, and compressed the menus and extras as much as possible, leaving the main movie at 62.5%.

The deep analysis only took 3:12, and the transcoding took 4:18 going from my HD to another folder on the same disk.

Weird. I've got the DVD ripped to my HD as well, though I took the whole thing instead of just the movie (7.48GB total)... obviously it's just the single-disc version. All I took out was the non-english audio tracks from the main movie, and compressed the menus and extras as much as possible, leaving the main movie at 62.5%.

The deep analysis only took 3:12, and the transcoding took 4:18 going from my HD to another folder on the same disk.

I'll bet you have a PC at least 2x fater than mine... I did it with a hyperthreading P4 at 3.2ghz - and 2 sata drives.

Still, this flick took more time than any I've done with this PC build to date.

-W

transformer no problem

If you use anydvd with clone dvd you will not hava any problems also use a good quality dvd disc, did transformer yesterday and all works great, get away from all the other copier programs and stick with clone dvd, I dont work for slysoft, I have used there program for over 2 years, I tryed the other copy programs and alway come back to clone dvd, its easy to use, company support on any problems of coping movies, just one of the best company that realy back up there program, update there programs regularly and email you when there are new update.

You might wanna slow down on the coffee just a little bit there Ron. :D
We weren't talking about *problems* with tranformers, the discussion was about transcoding times. (no matter what you're using really - because we're talking about Transformers vs other films)

After watching Transformers last night, I think I know *why* it takes longer to transcode than comparable size movies. It's nonstop action on the screen, insane special effects (thank you ILM), and it's a pixel pushing nightmare as far as movies go.

Not only are the foreground characters in frenetic motion but the backdrops are usually moving at 200mph as well. From one frame to the next almost *every* pixel moves or changes.

-W

I did a movie-only copy using AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 & DVD Rebuilder 1.26.5 using CCE and got a great backup on a 4.7GB Verbatim DVD-R.

At first I made a backup with CloneDVD, but with the high compression you need to get this movie on a DVD-R, I had a lot of pixilization. Next I tried it with a DVD+R DL and it worked fantastic (Menu's & Movie).

The latest AnyDVD has no problems at all removing any Trash from this dvd (Trash = Protection).

Back