• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Transfer rates of a mounted ISO and CloneBD

Tanquen

Is an artificial limit on the transfer rates of a mounted ISO and or CloneBD? I got a new setup with an AMD 5950x CPU and a PCI 4.0 NVMe drive. Not doing any transcoding and the first half maxes out at around 250FPS with like 3-5% CPU usage and the burn half shows 76000 kB/s and I think that is like 80 MB/s? The ISO is mounted from the NVMe (like 6500MB read/wright) and the temporary folder is on a SSD at around 450MB/s, then the final ISO is written back to the NVMe drive.

Just from a hardware perspective, I would imagine reading from and writing to the same drive is the problem. Probably hitting a bottleneck by filling a hardware cache or a bus. If you were reading from a different drive than what you were writing to I would imagine speeds would greatly increase, even if one drive was not as fast as your SSD.

True but I'm reading the ISO mounted from the new 6000MBs+ NVMe drive its then writing to the temp 500-ish MBs SSD and then back to the NVMe.

Also, if I use the slowest SATA Disc (not SSD) drive I have for the ISO mount, the temp drive and the destination, I still get about 160FPS in the first part but still around 80MBs creating the ISO.

Only the first part seem to improve with faster drives. Goes from about 160FPS and all the decoder, converter and encoder inputs are mostly 0% while the faster drives I get about 300FPS with all the inputs mostly at 100% off and on. But still the ISO creation is at around 80MBs.

Last edited:
Back