• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Transcoder error with new PC build

smilingmoose

Hi,

I am long time clone BD user. I just built a new PC with Intel 12th gen i7 (unlocked), 32gb ram and using integrated GPU. I am getting a transcoder issue with my new build and never had a issue on my old build

I am backing up a movie to mkv format with permanent subtitles. I am getting a transcoder error immediately after it starts transcoding and cloneBD shuts down. I have emailed a logfile to Elby a couple of weeks ago but have not heard anything.

I have tried it with different movies too and same issue Anyone have had issues with Intel 12th gen? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

If Intel® Quick Sync Video is set to Yes and still it’s showing disabled or is not working , follow the below steps:
1. The BIOS needs to be latest for the motherboard
2. The Windows build should be updated to the latest
3. Update the graphic drivers to the latest based on the processor model
4. Install a compatible software that uses the Quick Sync feature to get the feature working for the processor from the listed below section for Quick Sync Video Enabled Application
Click: Intel Quick Sync
https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/support/detect.html - Read this

I have an issue with my AMD GPU I have to work around. Maybe it helps you here?

Turn off hardware decode in the settings and just leave hardware encode on.

That's a shot in the dark but it works for me but it's clearly on different hardware.

I tried both suggestions and getting same error? Still no word from elby. Any other ideas?

I just don't get it. It was working fine on my old machine that had a crappy i3 3rd gen processor and only 8gb of ram.

It was working fine on my old machine
When the other suggestions did not work, it might not be compatible with the new hardware.
There is an update coming, but I cannot say when or for what things.

I tried both suggestions and getting same error? Still no word from elby. Any other ideas?

I just don't get it. It was working fine on my old machine that had a crappy i3 3rd gen processor and only 8gb of ram.
If you use CloneBD frequently it is a good idea to get a cheap NVIDIA grapics card like a GTX1650. It will also increase speed. I have also an Intel 12400 system but moved my GTX1050 to it and can't tell right now if I would have the same trouble w/o it.

I have a pretty new AMD build 5950X and I get no transcoder error.

I suggest to uninstall CBD and reinstall. If you decide to remove your licence information make sure to have it handy for your new install. Reboot after uninstall before reinstall.

He could get a transcoder error, trying the wrong settings, like using the setting for Nvidia if he has an AMD GPU, or he is using the Intel transcoder in his CPU.

My new PC suddenly didn't show my optical drives anymore. What helped was to uninstall AnyDVD and VirtualCloneDrve (since they both use elby.dll). Reinstalled both and all was good.

If you use CloneBD frequently it is a good idea to get a cheap NVIDIA grapics card like a GTX1650. It will also increase speed. I have also an Intel 12400 system but moved my GTX1050 to it and can't tell right now if I would have the same trouble w/o it.

Cheap? I guess relatively speaking but that's still $200+ at this point. That is a tough pill to swallow so your that the software you paid for works. Don't get me wrong, I see your point I just think that's a situation that should not be. The software should just work instead.

Just my 2 cents.

(edit - $200 is not bad though to have a 1650 in my plex box as a transcoder hhhmmmmm :) )

Cheap? I guess relatively speaking but that's still $200+ at this point. That is a tough pill to swallow so your that the software you paid for works. Don't get me wrong, I see your point I just think that's a situation that should not be. The software should just work instead.

Just my 2 cents.

(edit - $200 is not bad though to have a 1650 in my plex box as a transcoder hhhmmmmm :) )
"Cheap".... Yeah these graphic cards went up in price insanely. My point was that you don't need a 2060 or 3070 which are way more than $300+.

Back