• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Transcoder error error in process streams

Other issue with watching BDs over local network.
I got at least 8 MByte/s data bandwitch with USB-WLAN adapter, also maximum signal strength.
But it's still always too slow for watching BDs fluently over the WLAN.
It runs smoothly just when playing directly from the internal/external HDD.

According to wikipedia 1x speed is for 1080p Blu-ray playback =4.5 MByte/sec though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray
BD drive speeds
1× : 36MBit/s =4.5MByte/s

But it seems that 8MByte/s WLAN is still not sufficient, or maybe 3 ms is a too high network ping when winding through video. (Well it seems stuck mostly when winding/spooling within the movie)

But it seems that 8MByte/s WLAN is still not sufficient, or maybe 3 ms is a too high network ping when winding through video. (Well it seems stuck mostly when winding/spooling within the movie)

With sufficient buffer at the receiving end it might work, but things to consider:
  • a BD doesn't deliver a continuous stream at 36MBit/s, the max. datarate is 48MBit/s and that will be hit every now and then on most discs
  • protocol overhead can be up to 10%
And ffwding is not the normal case - the player needs to read a huge load of data, just to seek to a new position (check index, seek there, then read a few MBs until the desired time index comes flying by, ...)

I know from my own experience, that a 100mbit network (cable) won't really do for watching BDs.

What is actually says on the Wikipedia site is that 1x is sufficient to play back 1080p video, but not that it is sufficient to play back Blu-ray 1080p.

As Pete stated the max data rate for Blu-ray video is around 48Mb/s( although they do spec it as having a bandwidth of 54Mb/s) so you have to factor it as using 1.5x Blu-ray speed to allow for any overhead

As Pete stated the max data rate for Blu-ray video is around 48Mb/s( although they do spec it as having a bandwidth of 54Mb/s)

I can find mention of 54Mb/s being the minimum requirement for Blu-ray drives.
But the AV stream itself can't beat the 48Mb/s limit.
Actually, that's not entirely correct - the recorded TS stream is at max. 48Mbit/s, the "m2ts" adds another 4 bytes per packet in timestamps, required because BDs don't have a continuous stream, as opposed to DVB and such. So the actual maximum rate is slightly above 49Mbit/s.
This limit is never exceeded - except for some 3rd-party tools, I've seen BDRebuilder violate that limitation and one or two other programs, too (forgot which ones).
But never a commercial disc.
Packets are always at least 31.3 µs apart.

I think it's worth to mention, that CloneBD also sticks meticulously to these data rate and buffer limitations.

That's why I said a bandwidth of 54Mb/s as opposed the the video stream being 54Mb/s. I can't find any way to take it over 48Mb/s myself but the specs state it as being 54Mb/s bandwidth

http://www.blu-raydisc.com/en/Technical/FAQs/Blu-rayDiscforVideo.aspx

The specs clearly say 48mbit/s, there's no arguing that.
Code:
Bit-rate of TS packets sequence which is composed of decoding elementary streams shall be equal to or less than 48*10⁶ bits/second.
That doesn't leave much wiggle-room.
Whoever wrote that page there, obviously misquoted something, it's incorrect. They are actually saying, the video has up to 54Mb/s, which is not possible.

Well I only quoted them as they are the Blu-ray Disc Association so I would expect them to have it right

Well I only quoted them as they are the Blu-ray Disc Association so I would expect them to have it right
Yup. And policemen always abide the law. Microsoft knows best how to write bullet-proof code.
Nice, when things are simple and reliable... :p

Back