• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Transcoder error error in process streams

theosch

Hi,

I've got problems with CloneBD transcoding Avatar Blu-ray for example to H.265 as an mkv.
Neither selecting all features languages and subtitiles nor just choosing the main film is helping.

Problem is reproducible. Having same probs with newest BD version 1.1.1.2 as with 1.1.1.0 and 1.1.1.1
Transcoder error error in process streams.
It doesn't matter whether it's transcoded from original BD-ROM with AnyDVD in background nor from the decrypted iso copy.

My main PC with Intel Xeon L5430 CPU and GTX 580 GPU does not have any encoding acceleration for H.265 etc. at least.

I could exclude it's a hardware problem. The transcode error is happening also on another machine with an Intel i5-6200U CPU (e.g. for testing purposes),
transcoder error happening here, too, with Intel QuickSync enabled and as well with hardware acceleration disabled.

Transcoding another movie to H.265 mkv container e.g. "Into the Wild" with CloneBD seems to run fine instead with and without Quicksync, and on the other older machine as well

It's just with Avatar making problems transcoding.
The transcoding isn't even starting. Everywhere always at about after 20 seconds from beginning the transcode error message appears, and during start point it's 100% CPU usage, encoder input line is full, but encoder output stays at zero.

Is this Avatar BD version a faulty disc?
Will have to check it against an Open Source transcoding program with the decrypted iso copy, whether it will have same problem.

Attachments

• CloneBD_1.1.2.0_-Intel_Xeon_L5430_Transcoder_error_error_in_process_streams.cbdlog
    276.8 KB · Views: 3
  • CloneBD_1.1.2.0_-Intel_Core_i5-6200u_Transcoder_error_error_in_process_streams.cbdlog
    277.4 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.0.9.0_Info_K_RED_BIRD_2D_F3.ziplog
    889.1 KB · Views: 0
  • CloneBD_1.1.1.0_-Intel_Xeon_L5430_Transcoder_error_error_in_process_streams.cbdlog
    276.4 KB · Views: 2
  • CloneBD_1.1.2.0_Transcoder_error_error_in_process_streams.PNG
    CloneBD_1.1.2.0_Transcoder_error_error_in_process_streams.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I've got problems with CloneBD transcoding Avatar Blu-ray for example to H.265 as an mkv.
Neither selecting all features languages and subtitiles nor just choosing the main film is helping.

I wonder what you are trying to acheive.
Do you really want to convert menu backgrounds and still images (!) to MKV files? That makes no sense. You have every single playlist selected.
When creating an MKV you normally choose the main feature or maybe some bonuses, but why all the pretty-picture-bullshit? (Which is what fails btw...).

I'm sure that converting the main movie will work just fine.

I'm sure that converting the main movie will work just fine.

Yep that's what I'd want :)
Yet the transcode error occurs when I select the main movie only, and even when I choose only German and without subtitles. :(

My intention is to free up some space on HDD with this movie.

The movie is as single disc only, standard version, (European - Region B)

Attachments

• Transcode_error_Avatar_-_main_film_only,_all_languages,_Audio_lossless_and_all_subtitles.cbdlog
    261.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Transcode_error_Avatar_-_main_film_only,_all_languages_Audio_lossless_and_all_subtitles.PNG
    Transcode_error_Avatar_-_main_film_only,_all_languages_Audio_lossless_and_all_subtitles.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • Transcode_error_Avatar_-_main_film_only,_only_German_language,_Audio_losless,_No_subtitles.cbdlog
    256.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Transcode_error_Avatar_-_main_film_only,_only_German,_Audio_lossless_No_subtitles.PNG
    Transcode_error_Avatar_-_main_film_only,_only_German,_Audio_lossless_No_subtitles.PNG
  • Transcode_error_Avatar__main_film_only,_only_German,_Audio_DTS_AC3_No_subtitles.cbdlog
    256.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Transcode_error_Avatar_-_main_film_only,_only_German,_Audio_DTS_AC3_No_subtitles.PNG
    Transcode_error_Avatar_-_main_film_only,_only_German,_Audio_DTS_AC3_No_subtitles.PNG
Last edited:
Yep that's what I'd want :)
Yet the transcode error occurs when I select the main movie only, and even when I choose only German and without subtitles. :(

My intention is to free up some space on HDD with this movie.

The movie is as single disc only, standard version, (European - Region B)

Ok, now looking closer at your settings:
you're converting to HEVC without hardware acceleration at "highest quality" with the size slider at 100%.
I don't recommend that - even with a fast CPU that is close to impossible and conversion can take days.
Elby should limit the quality setting for HEVC in software mode, because at highest setting it is ridiculously slow (up to several seconds per frame).

The high quality setting only brings a visible benefit at very low bit rates. With your 100% size setting, you will not be able to tell the difference between high and low quality at all, so set it to high speed.

My guess is that CloneBD is timing out while waiting for a frame to get compressed.

I've changed the setting and tried out with "Highest Speed" and with "Balanced speed/quality".
It seems to run through. :)
(Still not tested whole conversion)

As far as I remember another movie like Into The Wild ran through with highest quality setting, at least the first few minutes (still not tested whole converting)
But I have to add this movie is not true Full HD as the video is more wide picture, as there are black bars on the up and down on Full HD monitor when watching the movie.

For Avatar at "Balanced speed/quality" minimum is 1 fps.

The program is telling rest time about 12-24 hours from start.

Now it's 0:55:19 remaining time at 2 fps.
Interesting with 1-6 fps converting speed for a movie itself with 25fps in the video material? A Little odd :D
(Because it's saying 1% done after twenty minutes in processing)

Last edited:
Also having transcoder issues. CloneBD 1.1.3.3, movie ripped using AnyDVD 8.0.9.4. Movie is Black Hawk Down, the rip was from BluRay using Partial Copy to a network server. Transcode fails very early, CBDlog attached. Should note that this was using QuickSync hardware acceleration, although it fails the same way with AMD acceleration. Acceleration was set to Highest Speed, but fails same way with Highest Quality.

Attachments

• Black Hawk Down transcode failure.cbdlog
    142 KB · Views: 0
What happens if you transcode to local drive, chances are good it's timing out because of the network location

Really? It's a Gigabit Ethernet. I'll try it but I'm not convinced.

wouldn't be the first time there's a timeout issue because of a network location

Wow, I take it back. It's 7% in and working. How sensitive can it be if a Gb connection and fast disks (6gb SATA) trips it up? (Locally it's an SSD, and generating 100+GPS, vs 75 FPS over the network.)

it needs to be sensitive, all it takes is a few missed frames and it's no longer in sync with the audio or worse. Gbps is good for internet but when it comes down to ripping (which is in a sense what you're doing) it's a whole different ballgame

it needs to be sensitive, all it takes is a few missed frames and it's no longer in sync with the audio or worse. Gbps is good for internet but when it comes down to ripping (which is in a sense what you're doing) it's a whole different ballgame
Probably not the right time or place for this debate, but what am I missing? A hard disk at the other end of a Gb Ethernet is often higher bandwidth than one on a local bus, even if it's an SSD. And surely you can't "miss" a frame, it's not like the movie is being played is it? I'm obviously misunderstanding something :) (wouldn't be the first time ho, ho)

actually yes, because you got 2 bottlenecks. HDD => Network => HDD. The movie is being "played" in a way. Every single frame needs to be accounted for and encoded. 1 frame lost = corrupt output.

Locally it's an SSD, and generating 100+GPS, vs 75 FPS over the network.

Yeah, something doesn't sound right. Gigabit ethernet should be way faster than 75 FPS.
I average about 5 minutes creating a partial copy from a local HDD to another HDD over gigabit ethernet (my local HDD is actually the bottleneck)

Gbps is good for internet but when it comes down to ripping (which is in a sense what you're doing) it's a whole different ballgame

Really? Unless you have an amazing internet connection, Gigabit ethernet is only ever used to it's full potential on a LAN (ripping/copying between devices)

Last edited:
Please do not douible post, minutes apart. Use the edit link below your post instead. Posts merged.

I'm out of this one - Che3vron thanx for the advice and the help, appreciate it.

actually yes, because you got 2 bottlenecks. HDD => Network => HDD. The movie is being "played" in a way. Every single frame needs to be accounted for and encoded. 1 frame lost = corrupt output.
It can't be dropped frames that would be a problem. It just can't -- it'd be crazy to do video reencoding so that dropped frames were even a possibility. Nothing needs to keep up, everything just needs to go as fast as it can without going faster than the next stage in the process.
Why would someone writing software to transcode video at full speed not wait when buffers get full?
In fact I know that CloneBD waits when buffers on the input side of a CPU powered HEVC encode get full because CPU powered HEVC encode is working and it's definately slow.

Normally CloneBD has no problems when transcoding to a network resource (I do that a lot myself).
What can be troublesome, is bad cabling, especially with GB LAN. Depending on cable length, it requires at least CAT 5e, for longer distances CAT6 and loose contacts will make it unstable.
Many network card drivers are crappy and will make things worse (small recoverable cable problems will cause the adapters to fail entirely or cause timeouts).

I've had such problems with a notebook here, with a low quality cable. In everyday normal use, everything was fine (though later I discovered, that it sometimes fell back to 100Mbit).
But when copying larger files over the network, things fell apart quickly.

Packet loss: well, sure, basically packets can go missing on the lowest network levels, but the transport protocols will ensure, that dropped packets will get retransmitted until they arrive.
So if anything, the connection can fail entirely, if a number of retransmissions don't help.

Back