• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trancoder Quality Opinions???

Clams

CloneDVD2, Nero Recode, and the venerable DVDShrink3.2 etc etc. All include "transcoders" to allow the user to shrink a DVD (at least the main movie" down to the size to fit on a DVD-5 (about 3.35 gig)

I know the more you have to compress, the more the quality will drop, so it's best to eliminate unwanted streams from the movie too - but who's compessor does the best job regarding QUALITY?

Personally, I've been using Shrink for a LONG time and I only let it compress with both quality boxes checked, and the final setting to "extra sharp".
It takes the longest possible time for it to shrink one this way... but I like the quality of the redux very much.

So... anyone who's used all three???? Any other shrinkers??

-W

CloneDVD2, Nero Recode, and the venerable DVDShrink3.2 etc etc. All include "transcoders" to allow the user to shrink a DVD (at least the main movie" down to the size to fit on a DVD-5 (about 3.35 gig)

I know the more you have to compress, the more the quality will drop, so it's best to eliminate unwanted streams from the movie too - but who's compessor does the best job regarding QUALITY?

Personally, I've been using Shrink for a LONG time and I only let it compress with both quality boxes checked, and the final setting to "extra sharp".
It takes the longest possible time for it to shrink one this way... but I like the quality of the redux very much.

So... anyone who's used all three???? Any other shrinkers??

-W

I use dvd dhrink after I rip to the HDD using clonedvd2 DVD9 format, or I do as mentioned prior then us dvd rebuilder pro. sometimes as well. I admit it is slow but quality is almost identical using dvdrb too.

I have used Shrink for well over 1000 burns. I have tried others but Shrink works the best.

Back