• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Traffic (2000) (Criterion Collection)

Normally I'd think this was just a defective DVD, but I never had this happen before. CloneDVD (I'm using 2.9.3.0) seems to read the disc fine, although unusually, there are five audio tracks showing up, all English, with most of them looking like duplicates--four English Dolby AC-3/2 tracks. AnyDVD (I'm using 7.3.5.0) reports CSS protection, which was removed, no RCE, no structural copy protection, UDF filesystem patched, and Autorun not found.

When I get to the Audio and Subtitle Settings screen, it won't estimate any percentage--which I've never had happen before. It's basically just grayed-out. If I click through anyway and click "Go", it _immediately_ gives me the "Creation of DVD files was not successful" message, as if it doesn't even attempt to rip anything.

Any ideas? Or do you think it's just a defective disc? The disc is pretty used-looking, but there are no obvious flaws where you'd normally think it wouldn't work, and I cleaned it well just in case.

Thanks.

Oh--and I forgot to mention that when I preview the movie in the Title Configuration screen, it seems to be playing fine.

Normally I'd think this was just a defective DVD, but I never had this happen before. CloneDVD (I'm using 2.9.3.0) seems to read the disc fine, although unusually, there are five audio tracks showing up, all English, with most of them looking like duplicates--four English Dolby AC-3/2 tracks. AnyDVD (I'm using 7.3.5.0) reports CSS protection, which was removed, no RCE, no structural copy protection, UDF filesystem patched, and Autorun not found.

When I get to the Audio and Subtitle Settings screen, it won't estimate any percentage--which I've never had happen before. It's basically just grayed-out. If I click through anyway and click "Go", it _immediately_ gives me the "Creation of DVD files was not successful" message, as if it doesn't even attempt to rip anything.

Any ideas? Or do you think it's just a defective disc? The disc is pretty used-looking, but there are no obvious flaws where you'd normally think it wouldn't work, and I cleaned it well just in case.

Thanks.

How about giving a log file as well before asking for help that goes along way for others to see what setup could be the cause or how to reproduce the setup to figure the problem.

I am having the exact same problem with the same Criterion version of Traffic.
"When I get to the Audio and Subtitle Settings screen, it won't estimate any percentage--which I've never had happen before. It's basically just grayed-out. If I click through anyway and click "Go", it _immediately_ gives me the "Creation of DVD files was not successful" message, as if it doesn't even attempt to rip anything."

I *think* I have uploaded a log file..

Missing menu VOB file VIDEO_TS.VOB
VobSet 7 0 1 0 8 0 0 TCE

AnyDVD:
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.0.4.0, BDPHash.bin 16-05-19)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SE-218CB TS00 TS
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2024608 sectors (3954 MBytes)
Total size: 3730112 sectors (7285 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
===
Thanks for any suggestions...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.0_Info_F_DVD_VIDEO.ziplog
    136.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Nice 3 year old necro. No that's not a logfile. That's a copy paste of the status window. Read this https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/please-read-this-before-you-post.52659/, try again.

That said. This is likely your problem

Affects this

Media is CSS protected!

Exit AnyDVD COMPLETELY (fox tray icon may not be running), go into windows device manager and set your drive's hardware region. Then try again. If that still doesnt work, provide an anydvd logfile and CloneDVD logfile https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/have-problems-some-initial-clonedvd-points-before-you-post.29302/ (step 5C)

Thanks!

I edited the above post with the AnyDVD log file.
Attached is the CloneDVD log.

Region is now set in device manager. (didn't help...)

"3 year old necro" ? >old dead thread, I guess?

Attachments

• CloneDVD log - Traffic.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 1
yeah, last post before yours was october 2013 ;) As stated, set your drive region and try again. If that doesn't work new logfiles

Drive region is set.

Logs (above) should be no different, right?

Attachments

132.2 KB · Views: 1
It's actualy very different.

OLD log

Errors:
-----------------------------
Warnings:
45.66s: report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:4
45.68s: report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:2

New log

No problems found

Did you try CloneDVD again? What does the quality bar look like now (images always welcome)? Are you getting error codes now? If so, what are they EXACTLY?...

Still doing the same.
New log attached (same as 2nd log posted? Greek to me)
photos...

Seems to me (un-educated guess) that AnyDVD is failing somehow...?

Attachments

132.2 KB · Views: 1
  • cloneDVD error.jpg
    cloneDVD error.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Blank Quality Bar.jpg
    Blank Quality Bar.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 7
Either it's some very obscure protection or more likely a defective disc. A developer will have to give the final vote.

It could be defective, but this happened to someone with the same dvd in 2013. Hmm. Maybe a quirk in a batch of Traffics.

Oh, well.
Thanks, everyone.

I am having the exact same problem with the same Criterion version of Traffic.
"When I get to the Audio and Subtitle Settings screen, it won't estimate any percentage--which I've never had happen before. It's basically just grayed-out. If I click through anyway and click "Go", it _immediately_ gives me the "Creation of DVD files was not successful" message, as if it doesn't even attempt to rip anything."

I *think* I have uploaded a log file..

Missing menu VOB file VIDEO_TS.VOB
VobSet 7 0 1 0 8 0 0 TCE

AnyDVD:
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.0.4.0, BDPHash.bin 16-05-19)

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2024608 sectors (3954 MBytes)
Total size: 3730112 sectors (7285 MBytes)

Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
===
Thanks for any suggestions...
Please try to set AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc.

Back