• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tough one... or maybe I'm dumb.

lushjack

This is the only title I have not been able to at least rip to harddisk... All software hangs at 59%-60%. Can't even get an .iso out of this disk... I borrowed my buddy flick's copy... both play perfect, don't know what's up...

...any suggestions from the pro's...?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_H_2001_A_SPACE_ODYSSEY.zip
    73.5 KB · Views: 5
There's no protection on this disc other than RCE and CSS. Nothing special

LITE-ON DVD SOHD-167T 9S19

Follow the steps in the order that they are listed in:

1. Update your drive's firmware: http://www.liteonit.com/DOWNLOADS/ODD/SOHD-167T/firmware/1679S1B.zip

2. Update Anydvd: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6465.exe

3. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

4. Click this, and do what it says to do

5. Open up your computer case and check for dust in fans: graphic card fans, power supply fans, cpu fans, etc.

6. Get your power supply tested

7. Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk" if you're using Shrink or Nero Recode. Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want.

8. Try another drive. The SOHD-167T is getting old

Argghh!

This is really torking me off... I don't know much about DVD schema, but this has GOT to be the title... I've tried every possible combo with the (admittedly) old, cheap SOHD-167T, but also with my burner, Sony DVD RW DRU-830A SCSI....

Running Shrink alone, in either drive... gets to 60% of initial read... drive freezes, app freezes... either have to kill thread or reboot...

Running Shrink on top of AnyDVD... gets to 60% of initial read, drive freezes... app freezes... either have to kill thread or reboot....

Ripping to HDD with Any... gets to 60%, drive freezes... AnyDVD eventually errors out, no thread kill or reboot necessary... (BADASS)

Ripping to .iso with PowerISO, or UltraISO... freezes at 60%.... have to kill thread or reboot...

Obviously, this isn't anydvd specific... i don't see how it can be disk-specific (tried two)... drive specific (tried two) or any issue with the box, ide, or memory, etc,.. etc... as I can burn ANY other title....

Thanks for your help, this is really pissin' me off.... any other thoughts...?

Follow Webslinger's advice.

You can try scanning the disc for errors with Nero DiscSpeed:

1. Download Nero DiscSpeed (freeware).
  2. Extract it to wherever you wish
  3. Run the program
  4. Select the ScanDisc tab
  5. Place the original DVD in your DVD drive
  6. Select that drive from the Nero DiscSpeed interface
  7. Click Start

Any red spots that show up are read errors.

Last edited:
This is really torking me off... I don't know much about DVD schema, but this has GOT to be the title...

No. There's nothing on this disc other than RCE and CSS. Nothing interesting

AnyDVD eventually errors out

Provide full error messages.

Again, go through the steps I outlined, and do what Drinklyeanddie posted.

Last edited:
Argghh!

Plus this (remastered) movie is prob 3 gb's from 1968... very frustrating.

Argghh!

Just scanned with Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.52 in the burner... locked up at 59.2%... all green up to that point...

Have to reboot, because I can't kill the friggin' nero thread to test again... with either (stamped disk) or either drive... i'm going to powercycle & test rip/shrink/burn one of my stamped disks... just to make sure i'm not crazy...

Thanks for helping me guys... I would really like to back this disk up... I appreciate the help, I don't know much about dvd, but do work level 3 break/fix for stock brokers at a multi-national financial services co....

Could this be a bad .vob or pointer somewhere...? I can't believe i can't even get an .iso rip on this... EVERYTHING fails at 59%-60% on THIS TITLE ONLY....

Could this be a bad .vob

No. I know someone who backed up this disc without issue

or pointer somewhere...?

That would only affect playback.

By the way, it's important to note that simply because a dvd plays fine doesn't mean it is fine.

I can't believe i can't even get an .iso rip on this... EVERYTHING fails at 59%-60% on THIS TITLE ONLY....

Here's something else you can try: In Anydvd, select drives. Select "enable speed control". Select "Slow and quiet", and try ripping again. But really, if you need to slow a drive down to read a disc, then the disc is either borderline bad or the drive is simply a bad reader.

Did you really do everything I posted? My spidey sense tells me you didn't.
;)

And if you get error messages from Anydvd, you need to provide them in full.

Last edited:
Argghh!

Spidey sense could be right...

All I did was firmware the liteon drive... all that did was funk up my drive mappings... seriously, i'm not going to blow out my case because that's in the stock faq...

I'm trying the slow/quiet rip again... (just shrunk/burnt stamped lebowski without issue)...

Spidey sense could be right...

All I did was firmware the liteon drive... all that did was funk up my drive mappings...

Post another Anydvd .zip log file

seriously, i'm not going to blow out my case because that's in the stock faq...

:confused:

(just shrunk/burnt stamped lebowski without issue)

Then you're running into bad original discs (or your drive is slowly dying).

Last edited:
Arggh!

I suppose it's possible that i got two bad stamped disks from my bud Flick... right in a row... but I've never seen one so bad it locked the system up... i've currently got AnyDVD at TitleSet 1 59% processed... locked up... can't kill thread... can't launch compmgmt.msc... was able to alt\printscreen... was also able to open MS photo editor... was able to paste the image before that app locked up.... can't even ctrl\alt\del (i use the systernals plugin) ...

...this one title just locks up everything i try to read it with... but i have tried two different disks... on two different drives.. and have zero problems with any other dvd5 or dvd9... dunno... i'm going to have to hard boot this box again... everything i try to do seizes up, but ONLY with this title... i'm about ready to say, forget it... don't need it in the collection...

I suppose it's possible that i got two bad stamped disks from my bud Flick... right in a row...

It wouldn't be unheard of. A beta tester here, for example, returned 3 brand new copies of Vantage Point, R1, to Walmart before getting a good copy at K-mart. Someone else I know returned a defective dvd 10 times before getting one that worked (I would have probably given up, myself).

I haven't heard of defective pressings of the newer release of S.O 2001, but it wouldn't surprise me. But both the original release and this newer one (I think) didn't even require Anydvd when using Shrink. But I do know both worked with Anydvd. CSS and RCE are pretty basic.

Arrghh!

Here is the newer logfile... it's got the disk sitting in the burner, but you should see the SOHO firmware update i did in there, (vs the top of this thread)...

...if anyone has any other idea's, i'm down to try them, but i think there's somethin' wack with this title...

Sorry... here is the newer log...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_2001_A_SPACE_ODYSSEY.zip
    73.5 KB · Views: 5
Here is the newer logfile... it's got the disk sitting in the burner, but you should see the SOHO firmware update i did in there, (vs the top of this thread)...

You posted a logfile using your Sony drive. Previously, you posted one using your lite-on.

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.4.6.2)
SONY DVD RW DRU-830A SS25 DEC18 ,2006

I also told you to update to Anydvd 6.4.6.5 and provided the link. 6.4.6.5 might be worth trying

You posted a logfile using your Sony drive. Previously, you posted one using your lite-on.

I know... the issue is not drive-specific... it's not stamped-disk specific.... i've tried anydvd rips from both drives with both disks... each.

I also told you to update to Anydvd 6.4.6.5 and provided the link. 6.4.6.5 might be worth trying

Doing this now, but I don't think I will get anywhere... like i said, other standard .iso rippers fail at the same point on the disks.... (59%-60%)

Doing this now, but I don't think I will get anywhere... like i said, other standard .iso rippers fail at the same point on the disks.... (59%-60%)

Yeah, it's likely bad discs. I don't even think you need Anydvd with this disc for Shrink.

Last edited:
All I did was firmware the liteon drive... all that did was funk up my drive mappings... seriously, i'm not going to blow out my case because that's in the stock faq...

By this I'm assuming you mean the drive letter has now changed? This can happen when flashing firmware for a drive. Just reset the drive letter to what it/they were/was originally.

Back