• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Total Noob, Need Help

wheelermdw

I just downloaded the software and have the keys.

I am trying to copy a movie, and get a screen that tells me insert a blank disk in my burner, however I already have a blank disk in my burner.

It will not continue to the copy stage.

I don't know what kind of information you need in order to help me with this problem, but if you let me know what you need, I will supply whatever information I can.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

"Insert Blank Media"

When I insert a blank disk, nothing happens, and AnyDVD2 will not copy to the blank disk.

Please help.

Hi :)
Welcome onboard wheelermdw. :clap:
Take a look at the link in this post:
It sounds like you're not assigning the correct DVDRW as destination.

P.S. Have merged your posts as they refer to same problem.
BTW AnyDVD does perform any writing actions. It is a decrypter not an authoring tool.

Thank you Zebadee, but I actually already found the thread you directed me to, and the problem I am having is that even when I eject and close the DVD-RW drive (with a blank DVD-RW DL disk enclosed), CloneDVD2 sill does not recognize that I have inserted a blank disk.

I don't know if this matters or not, but I went to my Device Manager and looked at my drives, and I found that under the SCSI and RAID Controllers my SCSI/RAID Controller has a "This device cannot start" Error (Code 10).

My E:/ is my DVD-RW drive, and my F:/ is my DVD reader. When I setup CloneDVD2, My source is F:/ and my destination is E:/, but CloneDVD2 does not recognize a blank disk in drive E:/.

Hi :)
It may be worth uninstalling your DVDRW via Device Manager. Then reboot & let Windows reinstall the drive. See if that helps.

What kind of blank media are you using? This sounds more like your drive and firmware not recognizing the media brand/quality that you are using.

I am using Sony DVD+R DL disks.

I have a HP DVD740b, which supports both DVD+ and DVD- R/RW/DL

I don't know anything about your burner, and don't have time to look it up (maybe others can comment on whether that is a good burner). Depending on how old the HP 740b burner is and whether you are just coasting along using your original firmware that came with the burner, or whether there even are any up-to-date firmware updates for that HP ... but Sony changed manufacturers about a year ago and they are no longer the quality media that they used to be. If your drive's firmware has no write stategy for the new Sony specs then that could be the cause of your problem. Your drive will default to a generic write strategy (not good) and as I said, Sony is no longer a first class provider of quality media.

The point I am trying to make is that when a drive manufacturer states that a burner
supports both DVD+ and DVD- R/RW/DL
this is very misleading to nubies. Not all media are equal. The whole purpose of updating the firmware is to keep up with the ever changing specs of media vendors (even if the retail packaging of the disks still looks the same). Try using Verbatim brand (available in many retail stores) or Taiyo Yuden (available at online stores such as rima.com). If the burner is rated at 8X, then don't use 16X media because firmware probably stopped being updated for your drive at the 8X point.

Best regards,
Whisperer

EDIT: WHOH! ... I just noticed you said you are using Sony DVD+R DL disks. That, almost definately, is your problem. All the above information I wrote is meant for single layer disks. The Sony DL disks are unreliable in quality and to be avoided. At this point in time, only Verbatim brand is capable of manufacturing reliable, quality Double Layer +R media. Don't buy any other brand. Burn them at 2.4X speed or at the most 4X. Be sure to booktype (bitset) them to finalize as DVD-ROM. Order them online if your local stores don't have them.

Last edited:
Back