• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Toshiba to pull out of HD DVD?

They both reference the same article from 'Hollywood Reporter' which is notorious for misinformation when it comes to Blu-ray/ HD DVD and I'd never take much notice when they cite 'reliable industry sources' it's just a way of saying something that if it turns out to be wrong they can claim it's not their fault.
It just smacks of more Blu-ray scaremongering as Toshiba have turned round and stated they have made no decision to drop the format. Even the article is wrong, they claim Best buy has gone Blu-ray exclusive, it hasn't it still sells HD DVD, it's just going to promote Blu-ray more than HD DVD. Which is what they've been doing for the past year anyway.
When I hear an official word from Toshiba then I'll believe it

Last edited:
We can only hope that the BDA don't decide to add extra layers of new BD+ to make hell for us HTPCers :mad: (if HD-DVD dies)

Back