• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TOO MANY COMPLAINTS, how about some successes

WHAT SUCCESSES??? This product stinks!
We understand the way you feel, and since you didn't buy the software, why are you here? You have made your feeling quite known in other threads , please keep your thoughts in one thread or they wil be gone as we all understand your dissatisfaction and hope to see you again when the software is better, so please keep your thoughts in thread. I will only ask politely once.:clap:

I am going to repeat what I said before on a previous tread, and only hope that somebody fropm SlySoft reads this instead of repeating "don't buy it if you don't like it" or "try everything out before you burn" messages...

>>>If I was Slysoft, I would stop selling it for the time being, give all existing licensed users a lifetime upgrade reward as a 'sorry', and get working on the issues listed.

I imagine that somewhere behind the curtains, emails have been exchanged....

From SlySoft to Elby : "Dear xxxxxx, Common guys - we are getting hammered for this. There are so many posts and unhappy users, its damaging our Rep. What can you do to sort these issues out? This is not what we agreed to when we agreed to list your product within our collection"

From Elby to Slysoft: "Dear yyyyy, I understand your concern, but chill bud. We have a developer working on a couple of the issues now, and hope to have a new release with some cool new features added in. Oh, and the beaver is now even more animated in the new release"

So I am going to repeat it again, so that Slysoft can cut the URL of this page and send it to Elby....

>>>If I was Slysoft, I would stop selling it for the time being, give all existing licensed users a lifetime upgrade reward as a 'sorry', and get working on the issues listed.

I am going to repeat what I said before on a previous tread, and only hope that somebody fropm SlySoft reads this instead of repeating "don't buy it if you don't like it" or "try everything out before you burn" messages...

I imagine that somewhere behind the curtains, emails have been exchanged....

From SlySoft to Elby : "Dear xxxxxx, Common guys - we are getting hammered for this. There are so many posts and unhappy users, its damaging our Rep. What can you do to sort these issues out? This is not what we agreed to when we agreed to list your product within our collection"

From Elby to Slysoft: "Dear yyyyy, I understand your concern, but chill bud. We have a developer working on a couple of the issues now, and hope to have a new release with some cool new features added in. Oh, and the beaver is now even more animated in the new release"

So I am going to repeat it again, so that Slysoft can cut the URL of this page and send it to Elby....

There is a 21 day trial that has been extended. No one should ever Buy before you Try. So as you say " Chill Bud" we have developers working on all issues. LOL. Thank you for your comments, but we understand what needs to be done and it will be done so please have some patience.

When I think of software developers with outstanding track records of success, Slysoft/Elaborate Bytes come to mind. They not only have a forum but their developers have an active presence. Additionally, they allow discussions of their competitors products. Have there been bumps and delays - sure. While my main interest is in moving video to MKV with subtitles, all other features I have tried have worked.

Keep up the great work.

Last edited:
We understand the way you feel, and since you didn't buy the software, why are you here?

I'm here because I have been a VERY LOYAL CUSTOMER of AnyDVD, CloneDVD2 since 2005-2006. I think they are fabulous products that work great. This product doesn't, period.

I'm here because I have been a VERY LOYAL CUSTOMER of AnyDVD, CloneDVD2 since 2005-2006. I think they are fabulous products that work great. This product doesn't, period.
We are aware of that, do you have another point to make.? Thank you for your loyalty. Many of the features work great, some still need tweaks, it will be done, you have made your point in many comments. I understand.

Last edited:
We are aware of that, do you have another point to make.? Thank you for your loyalty. Many of the features work great, some still need tweaks, it will be done, you have made your point in many comments. I understand.

Would you mind expanding on the features that work great? Only way I've gotten a successful backup is with 3rd party programs and good old anyDVD? Was even advised by support ticket reply to go that route, foregoing CloneBD entirely. Talk about a vote of confidence....

It's strange how you ignore the fact that some of us have already told you that we've had success with this program. Admittedly it doesn't work on every disc, but I've had more discs work than not work so far when doing either full disc or movie only Blu-ray backups, MP4's seem to work fine for me as well.

It seems that some people on here just want to continually complain about the same thing over and over. The developers are already aware of the problems and are working on them. continually repeating the same thing over and over won't get it done any quicker.

Last edited:
My experiences or successes

While I am not an industrial copier because I only copy my DVDs and Blurays I have made about 5 or 10 copies of Dual layer Blurays transfering them to single layer and almost all are working fine. I have also converted some movies to video files. The "almost" mentioned here pertains to one copy I found that had Cinavia, and the audio was repelled by CloneBD and it did not copy well. I looked the log files and I found the presence of Cinavia in the file. I must say that we should wait until the program is more precise (a thing I believe that Slysoft will do soon) if there are still some bugs hanging around.
The problem that many of you are experiencing with CloneBD's audio may be that Cinavia is on the original. Cinavia is very tricky. It is the mayor obstacle present in movie rips on these days, and it threatens to be a big obstacle to discs bakups.
If Slysoft says that you better try the software for 21 days you better do it before investing any money. They are in their right to impose rules to buyers. I live very far from where they live, so don't think that I have some insterests in defending them.

Cinavia shouldn't cause an issue as it's a hidden watermark, so I suspect it was something else about that disc that caused the problem. I've done a few discs already that have Cinavia and they encoded fine.

It's strange how you ignore the fact that some of us have already told you that we've had success with this program. Admittedly it doesn't work on every disc, but I've had more discs work than not work so far when doing either full disc or movie only Blu-ray backups, MP4's seem to work fine for me as well.

It seems that some people on here just want to continually complain about the same thing over and over. The developers are already aware of the problems and are working on them. continually repeating the same thing over and over won't get it done any quicker.

Some may have had success, seems most that have used 3rd party programs at least for part of the process. Many including myself, have not at least with clonebd. Even their own support advised me to use programs other than clonebd. By offering extended free trial time is an admittance of failure and a slap in the face to those of us who forked over our money, based on your past integrity.

I expected a program that does what AnyDVD does with standard DVD's taking finished product to set top bluray and watch it on TV. Maybe too much time was spent on having developers work on integration with smartphones and such instead of a basic back up process.

Most people expect to get what was advertised when they bought it. When they realize they didn't, they complain. That, my friend is human nature and should be expected, especially after about a month later.

Also, many folks passed on known working programs because of your solid and well earned reputation.

When what was put out is so bad it not only tarnishes the reputation but causes complaints.
High expectations + poor results = dissatisfaction. Dissatisfaction = complaints. Should've expected it and not put people down for voicing their opinion.

Personally I have advised folks where to find good deals on blank media, explained the return policy, and posted more than simply complaints. But some people see what they wanna see. I remember thanking you for some help, asked for a bit more info, and was ignored. But you sure don't ignore a complaint. Is this a complaint or speaking the truth? There is a difference.

Last edited:
Some may have had success, seems most that have used 3rd party programs at least for part of the process. Many including myself, have not at least with clonebd. Even their own support advised me to use programs other than clonebd. By offering extended free trial time is an admittance of failure and a slap in the face to those of us who forked over our money, based on your past integrity.

I expected a program that does what AnyDVD does with standard DVD's taking finished product to set top bluray and watch it on TV. Maybe too much time was spent on having developers work on integration with smartphones and such instead of a basic back up process.

Most people expect to get what was advertised when they bought it. When they realize they didn't, they complain. That, my friend is human nature and should be expected, especially after about a month later.

Also, many folks passed on known working programs because of your solid and well earned reputation.

When what was put out is so bad it not only tarnishes the reputation but causes complaints.
High expectations + poor results = dissatisfaction. Dissatisfaction = complaints. Should've expected it and not put people down for voicing their opinion.

Personally I have advised folks where to find good deals on blank media, explained the return policy, and posted more than simply complaints. But some people see what they wanna see. I remember thanking you for some help, asked for a bit more info, and was ignored. But you sure don't ignore a complaint. Is this a complaint or speaking the truth? There is a difference.

Personally, I wish they would give you your money back so you'll go away. You do not supply any useful information to help the developers fix problems, just rehashing the same tired line over and over. It seems your only purpose at this point is to try to run people away from CloneBD or squeak long enough that they oil you by giving your money back.

You voiced your opinion, this is mine.

You already have a program that does what AnyDVD does but with Blu-rays, it's called AnyDVD HD.
If you'd already been using the program then your question should have been self evident. All you asked was the basics on how to process an ISO you'd made through CloneBD, I didn't think that really needed an answer as on the first screen there's a great big button that says 'Open ISO Image'

I will wait!!!

It has been some time gone by since I posted. I have been following the threads. I will wait for this product to be close to right when I buy it. Was not that long ago where there tons of complaints of when are we going to have a product to try! There was a bunch of people that did not care if it was ready, just wanted it. Its new and will get better. Try before you buy, means exactly that. I have the utmost faith in their ability to get it working properly in the future.

I am 4 for 5 in perfect reproductions. No sound or picture glitches, everything in sync. 80% for a brand new product is pretty darn good in my books. Yes it takes a while but so what.....start the program and go do something else for a couple hrs. I appreciate the ease of use compared to the old way of BDRebuilder and the other programs. Only disk so far to back up I have had issues with is When the Game Stands Tall. It would encode, but a burn error came up twice. No biggy. I own pretty much all the products SlySoft sells, (be shorter to list the ones I don't have lol) and have lifetime updates for em all. Appreciate what they offer and the good advice from most on this forum.

Last edited:
Personally, I wish they would give you your money back so you'll go away. You do not supply any useful information to help the developers fix problems, just rehashing the same tired line over and over. It seems your only purpose at this point is to try to run people away from CloneBD or squeak long enough that they oil you by giving your money back.

You voiced your opinion, this is mine.

Haha

Opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one. You're entitled to yours, I'm entitled to mine. Any intelligent grown man would realize we differ, agree to disagree and leave it at that, not carry on like you're doing.

I'll gladly take a refund if it's in your power to get one, however I'd rather just have something that works as advertised. If it did there wouldn't be any mudslinging. I'll go away when I get what I paid for. Not my fault they put it out too early.

I offered my daughter's help, who has a masters degree in programming. I posted what happened when my attempts failed. What have you done other than try to belittle people that aren't satisfied?

If I was trying to chase people away I would tell them where the working programs are. Where's that brilliant deduction coming from anyway? I don't think you know what you're talking about, other than trying to assassinate my character. Try someone else, your MO ain't gonna work on me.

You already have a program that does what AnyDVD does but with Blu-rays, it's called AnyDVD HD.
If you'd already been using the program then your question should have been self evident. All you asked was the basics on how to process an ISO you'd made through CloneBD, I didn't think that really needed an answer as on the first screen there's a great big button that says 'Open ISO Image'

AnyDVD HD won't burn 'em

Open ISO Image is there but I am/was trying to figure out if it's possible to just get the main movie after the protection is gone with the generated ISO and cloneBD like as if I tried the partial movie option which I haven't been able to have success with yet.

Another success

Hugo worked.

Did the same as other success. Used anydvd to rip to iso. Used bdclone to compress complete disc into iso. Needed to go a bit over 25gb to get a 23.2 compression which took up just shy of the 25gb blank. I get as close to the limit as possible. Tested quality/audio sync, then burned it with imgburn.

Works like a charm :)

Will be seeing how Game of Thrones compresses soon. Next thou will be Gone Girl.

Back