• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

tomb raider anniv ps2 wont play

tony7880

I recently made a backup with clone cd for tomb raider anniversary for my kids and it does start but when I press start to play the screen goes black and doesnt come back. I can play lauras mansion but only the game it wont let me play at all please help asap.

Some games like God Of War 2 are dual layer DVD. Layer 2 will not copy with CloneDVD. You might check the DVD for this.

Some games like God Of War 2 are dual layer DVD. Layer 2 will not copy with CloneDVD. You might check the DVD for this.

Clonedvd is meant for dvd-videos only. Clonecd does backup both layers provided you're using dvd +R DL.

OK I should have said it will copy it, it just won't play. To copy a dual layer PS2 game requires the Toxic patch.

Toxic patch?

What is the Toxic patch?

Also, I've copied a movie dual layer dvds onto a 8.5gb dual layer dvd+r dl using Nero and it works fine. Would like to copy a PS2 game - not sure if it will work.

You are on the right track there, it's about the fourth listing down. Here is the low down:

Introduction
============

As many of you are probably aware, the PS2 has problems running DVD9 games
backed up onto dual layer media due to to problems reading from the second
layer. This is because the data format on burnt DL discs is different than on
pressed discs (burnt = OTP, pressed = PTP). However, we have discovered a
software hack which allows the PS2 to read even burnt OTP discs resulting in
working dual layer backups! Our Toxic firmware for DMS4 chips already includes
auto-patching functionality which applies our software hack on the fly when
booting games on dual layer media. For those without a DMS4, we present the
Toxic Dual Layer Image Patcher! The patcher works by applying our software
hack to the game image (.iso, .gi etc) before burning. Once the hack has
been applied by our patcher, burn the modified image to dual layer media
and play! This method will enable anybody with a modchip capable of booting
DVD9 media to backup and _play_ DVD9 games such as Gran Turismo 4.

Back