• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

token quota

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescock1

can someone tell me what the token quota is for each month as i just downloaded the new version and token says 100 downloads
as i have only downloaded around 20 itmes in the last month and only about 5 this week

i believe its 280 per a week there is no way i have downloaded 180 items this week totally impossible so what is going on ?

Last edited:
You have a download buket of 100 tokens, every 36 minutes you will get a new token if you are below 100, that's 40 every day, 280 per week.

can someone tell me what the token quota is for each month as i just downloaded the new version and token says 100 downloads
as i have only downloaded around 20 itmes in the last month and only about 5 this week

i believe its 280 per a week there is no way i have downloaded 180 items this week totally impossible so what is going on ?

This token story is a little misleading. Especially since the description of "an average of 280 per week" is mentioned, and that is wrong.
Correctly it should read "a maximum of 280 per week".

To understand the bucket and toeken, let's imagine the following:

- each token is 1 drop of water
- the bucket holds a maximum of 100 drops of water
and
- 1 drop of water drips from a tap into the bucket every 36 minutes
- each download takes 1 drop of water from the bucket

If not downloaded, the bucket is filled to a maximum of 100 drops. All the following drops from the tap overflow, so they have no effect.

If drops are now removed from the bucket, they are refilled through the tap, namely 1 drop every 36 minutes.

You see, there can be a maximum of 100 drops in your credit.

This number "280 per week" is theoretical and is calculated as follows:
60 minutes x 24 hours x 7 days = 10.080 minutes.

10.080 minutes / 36 minutes = 280

So if you keep your bucket below 100 drops and finally use all 100 drops from the bucket, you can make 280 downloads per week - but never more!
(that initially meant that it should mean "a maximum of 280 per week" and not average).

I have no idea whether my attempted explanation is understandable; I just tried ;-)

Last edited:
This token story is a little misleading. Especially since the description of "an average of 280 per week" is mentioned, and that is wrong.

To understand the bucket and toeken, let's imagine the following:

- each token is 1 drop of water
- the bucket holds a maximum of 100 drops of water
and
- 1 drop of water drips from a tap into the bucket every 36 minutes
- each download takes 1 drop of water from the bucket

If not downloaded, the bucket is filled to a maximum of 100 drops. All the following drops from the tap overflow, so they have no effect.

If drops are now removed from the bucket, they are refilled through the tap, namely 1 drop every 36 minutes.

You see, there can be a maximum of 100 drops in your credit.

This number "280 per week" is theoretical and is calculated as follows:
60 minutes x 24 hours x 7 days = 1,440 minutes.

1,440 minutes / 36 minutes = 280

So if you keep your bucket below 100 drops and finally use all 100 drops from the bucket, you can make 280 downloads per week - but never more!
(that initially meant that it should mean "a maximum of 280 per week" and not average).

I have no idea whether my attempted explanation is understandable; I just tried ;-)

I was with you until you began your calculations.

60x24x7 = 10,080 ?

1,440 / 36 = 40 ?

One of us is bad with math. I know I ain't great at it so maybe it's me?

It's because the 7 days is not needed in the calculation. 24 hours X 60 minutes = 1440. That divided by 36 minutes = 40 downloads per day. 7 times that = 280 per week.

This has been explained more than a dozen times. The numbers are not in question. Simply a fact.

I was with you until you began your calculations.

60x24x7 = 10,080 ?

1,440 / 36 = 40 ?

One of us is bad with math. I know I ain't great at it so maybe it's me?

Oh damn! Then I calculated the possible daily rate; my mistake, sorry. ( ....how embarrassing ...!)

Of course, 60x24 = 1,440 per day is correct
1,440 / 36 = 40 downloads per day.

The 40 x 7 days = 280 downloads per week.

This is how a shoe becomes out of it. :)

I corrected the wrong post.

Reactions: DQ
My apologies for going slightly off-topic, but does anyone know why the quota is shared among providers? If a maximum of 280 a week was determined to be safe, and there is no provider-specific cap currently enforced (i.e. I can choose to use all 280 tokens on one provider), then why doesn't each provider get a separate quota?
I'm not complaining nor do I think less of this amazing product; just genuinely curious.

You guys are making it a lot more confusing than it is. It's simple 3d grade math. You get 100 to start with, it will refill 1 every 36 mins until 280 is reached that week. That's it. It is not calculus.

You guys are making it a lot more confusing than it is. It's simple 3d grade math. You get 100 to start with, it will refill 1 every 36 mins until 280 is reached that week. That's it. It is not calculus.

Even easier:
You get 100 to start with, it will refill 1 every 36 mins until 100 is reached.

Please, everyone, do a forum search on the Quota subject, it has been explained more times than I wish to admit to. Thread closed.

Last edited:
Many have tried. All have failed.

While the actual rules are as simple as
You get 100 to start with, it will refill 1 every 36 mins until 100 is reached.
The implications, I admit, are a bit more complex.

...no, that is actually incorrect.

If your bucket is full (100), which is is at least any time you didn't download for 2.5 days, you can download 380 that particular week. Those 100 and then (additionally!) 40/day.
So the maximum is 380.
This averages out, if you have times when you download a lot and some others when you... I don't know ... sleep? Do people still do that? Anyway...
Over a longer period of multiple weeks it will be an average of 280/week.

You won't ever be getting less than 280, unless you're not downloading, which is a rather trivial insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back