• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Token Conservation and Reclamation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then please get clarity from the Developers if it should stay in the FAQ you wrote or if it should be removed from the FAQ you wrote.
Seeing that "I do NOT work for RedFox. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!"
I don't need to. The faq is perfectly clear. It'll be re-evaluated after a while. There is no fixed definition of how long 'a while is'. Then there's also the thing that they may have already reevaluated things and deemed them 'fine as-is' and they'll reevaluate a 2nd time later.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

And you know that because ... you work for one of the providers? ... because you work for Redfox?
How do you know it's indistinguishable?
Using browsers is no one-way, a browser always sends some data to the providing site.
If Anystream devs would change the way AS identifies itself at the provider with every release (which I doubt) then you're right, then the provider will not be able to distinguish AS.
If not ... then there is an increasing number of one special browser downloading lots of stuff, which MIGHT get the attention of someone looking over statistics.

Oh well, it's getting way too technical again, and since that is kind of prohibited in the forums, I'll better stop.

I just want to say, better safe than sorry.
You are okay, you didn't say anything that technical. That rule is only for people inquiring about the internals of AS. I mean specific things. Like asking the devs questions and stuff, you are okay.

If you only subscribe to NF, then you only use the tokens allocated to that pool. You are still limited to 100 until they limit it to 1 additional token every 35 minutes.
Your pool for AP and DP and HU and HB will then stay on 100 and "not used".
I would say that a significant majority of users subscribe to 3 or more of the 5 services so far. And increasing the initial bucket to 100 per provider gives all of these people a lot more downloading capability. One other point - since you are suggesting keeping the refresh rate at 40 per day, just how are you going to distribute the token reallocation to the 5 providers? All of this kind of talk leads to unrealistic expectations and "demands" on RedFox management. Let's say they decide your solution is OK - now, all the people who subscribe to only AP say they want all 500 initial tokens there since they will never use the tokens elsewhere. Let's just end the madness.

I would say that a significant majority of users subscribe to 3 or more of the 5 services so far. And increasing the initial bucket to 100 per provider gives all of these people a lot more downloading capability. One other point - since you are suggesting keeping the refresh rate at 40 per day, just how are you going to distribute the token reallocation to the 5 providers? All of this kind of talk leads to unrealistic expectations and "demands" on RedFox management. Let's say they decide your solution is OK - now, all the people who subscribe to only AP say they want all 500 initial tokens there since they will never use the tokens elsewhere. Let's just end the madness.
Hi HAMsmoke, it's all about not thinking of the whole picture. It's what they ( 5 or 6 members) want, but that might not be what the majority of the users want, no software will satisfy everyone, people always want changes that suit them. The blowback from such a change would be enormous and to change it to satisfy a few people, that will only want more as time goes on is silly. Some people are never satisfied and they do not look at the big picture. Redfox has been more than fair in allowing more hours of movie download than there are in a week. 280 downloads, not everyone subscribes to every provider. , I think the majority by a large margin is satisfied the way it is, there are always different reasons why people have to download enormous amounts of video. 280 downloads a week in my humble opinion is an enormous amount. RedFox has been more than fair, what's in place is too many but we want to satisfy most of the people, it seems that is not possible. Show me what you think is the perfect software and if they had a forum there would be complaints. It's just the way it is.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.” Or so said the fifteenth-century monk and poet, John Lydgate.

Ten pages of posts from mostly the same people including myself have articulated exactly what a few users are asking for, posting anymore would just cause unnecessary posts that have been already posted ad nauseam. I think everyone got their point across I am sure everyone who reads it will understand. At this point, the thread is closed. Thank you all for your insight, and ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back