• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TMT 5 Released

Plus waiting gives you time to see if others think it's any good or not. :) In this case it's by far the best commercial player out there.

Plus waiting gives you time to see if others think it's any good or not. :) In this case it's by far the best commercial player out there.

Samuri,
You said mkv support is pretty limited. Any specifics?? Subtitles, audio/subtitle track selection? Compared to just staying with ffdshow and playing mkv files through windows media center, what benefit might i get by using tmt5.

I guess i'm just feeling too lazy to install the trial, plus i'm sure the trial can't decode high definition audio, right??

No bitstreaming of audio from files. It decodes HD audio bit perfect with ReClock, so, that's not the issue. No PGS sub support, external or internal, and no audio selection. If those issues were fixed, it'd pretty much be the perfect player.

Just tried it out for the fun of it. Damn it's got a nice feature. Remember the movies where subtitles are often partially inside or completely inside the movie. Well you can freakin move the subtitles anywhere you want (eg to into the black bars) and enjoy the full image.

Now thats freakin awesome.

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find a feature to move subtitles in TMT5. Please give me a hint where to look...

EDIT: Found it, just click & drag with the mouse. Any other (more remote control friendly) way?

Last edited:
Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find a feature to move subtitles in TMT5. Please give me a hint where to look...

EDIT: Found it, just click & drag with the mouse. Any other (more remote control friendly) way?

Not that I've seen. It is a pretty nice feature, though.

Idd it is. Would have bought it for that reason alone if i were still living in my parental house and watching dvd's on my computer. Moved into my own place about 3 months ago and now watching them on a pretty nice setup.

42" Panasonic TX-P42S20 plasma screen
Panasonic DMP-BD85 blu-ray player ^^

Hey Samuel, I'm using the settings you recommended (turning off hardware acceleration, turning on the GPU upscaling setting, sharpness to 1. Any recommendation for the last setting, dynamic lighting?

Samuel?! sigh. :)

Yes, I have a recommendation for dynamic lighting. *OFF*. :)

Samuel?! sigh. :)

Yes, I have a recommendation for dynamic lighting. *OFF*. :)

That's what I figured, but worth double checking.

...and I've been looking at the boards for years and it's only now that you said that that I realized that it isn't SamuelHL. My apologies Samuri.

LOL! No problem. :) I just found it funny. :)

As did I frankly. Just found it a bit shocking that I've been reading the boards for years and never noticed it wasn't Samuel.

Went from PowerDVD9 to TMT5, quite enjoying it.

PowerDVD was starting to have weird glitches. Outside of getting used to a few interface quirks with TMT it seems to be a far superior program, glad I ended up getting it during their Cyber Monday deal.

Last edited:
I've been enjoying it myself. There's room for LOTS of improvement but I think they've got a solid base to work from. PDVD10 is fine, but, TMT5 obviously does more (HD DVD, better MKV support even if it isn't perfect, etc). I'm using it a lot.

Back