• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TMT 5 Released

Will they also force Cinavia into TMT3?

It's a good question. All we have is speculation and I really have no idea. We don't even know for sure that Cinavia will end up in PDVD10 and TMT5, but, it is expected.

Do Arcsoft also offer discounts? I don't really want to pay 99us$+19%, knowing that Black Friday, Christmas, New Year or whatever might see a nice coupon code on offer. I won't actually use the software other than for testing purposes see here.

Do Arcsoft also offer discounts? I don't really want to pay 99us$+19%, knowing that Black Friday, Christmas, New Year or whatever might see a nice coupon code on offer. I won't actually use the software other than for testing purposes see here.

Google is my friend. Coupon code ARC404P20 (20% off) and address in Beverley Hills 90210 allowed me to pay 60 euro rather than 120 euro/120 us$.

Whats AQ and PQ when people talk about TMT5? I've tried looking online but can't find it.

Noob (obviously).

PQ for Blu-Ray is as pretty much the same for all the players. PQ for SD DVD is now vastly improved. It's now as good or better than PowerDVD10, IMHO. TMT3 wasn't not nearly as good as PowerDVD10. Arcsoft did a good job in the SD DVD PQ department.

PQ for Blu-Ray is as pretty much the same for all the players. PQ for SD DVD is now vastly improved. It's now as good or better than PowerDVD10, IMHO. TMT3 wasn't not nearly as good as PowerDVD10. Arcsoft did a good job in the SD DVD PQ department.

PQ is the same for BD as long as hardware acceleration is used. In that case, the video card's hardware is decoding the BD video stream and the only difference possible between the players is the renderer they use. That can have a slight affect on quality if a different renderer is used, but, I think PDVD and TMT are using the same one due to protection requirements.

just upgraded from tmt3 to tmt5....for $49.99 what the hey....and thanks to mike r. and his mention of a discount coupon....which i used...final price was 39.99...sure the ui has changed...it took me about an hour to get used to it.....you tube access is kind of cool too....but what really impresses me is that i'm now able to use my android phone as a remote control when watching movies thanks to tmt5 server and an application i downloaded to my phone from the android market place....sweet....:clap:

What's tm server for? I see the icon in the task bar.
Thanks,

What's tm server for? I see the icon in the task bar.
Thanks,

It is *ONLY* for the Android app that allows your Droid to become a remote control for TMT over your network. It does nothing more than that, so, if you don't use that functionality, use msconfig and disable it from starting up.

For today only (11/29), you can use promo code CYBER2010 for 40% off anything at ArcSoft. Used it to get my TMT5 upgrade for $29.99. :rock:

Last edited:
For today only (11/29), you can use promo code CYBER2010 for 40% off anything at ArcSoft. Used it to get my TMT5 upgrade for $29.99. :rock:

Thanks, I just got mine and I don't mind saving $20, either.

My first exposure to Arcsoft was some truly terrible Mac software they ported from PC. After I got over that, it has become clear that, among PC vendors, their software is pretty good. The also seem to be more driven by the needs of their customers than the makers of PDVD, for example.

I currently use TMT3 to play DVDs and TMT2 for BluRay (because on my system TMT3 glitches the BluRay audio periodically). I hope that I can get down to using just one version with TMT5.

I don't mind paying $30 for an upgrade to the software that I use almost exclusively in my home theater (even when I have to mix versions.)

I'm using TMT5 for DVD upscaling now. However, I don't use the defaults on SimHD cause they're just crap IMO. I turn hardware acceleration OFF, uncheck the automatic setting in SimHD, use GPU decoding (cuda/AMD's new API thingie), and set sharpness to 1. Then I set the upscaling to 1080p on my AMD 5870 and adaptive on my nVidia 450. (There seems to be a bug where it's not showing me 1080p on my 450...gotta look into that). With those settings, DVD is awesome and beats PDVD10 which is what I was using before. BD's always look and play fine for me in TMT and that hasn't changed in TMT5.

Multi-channel analog output: FAIL

I use an Auzen Xi-Fi Prelude for 7.1 analog output (MCE XP). It works reliably with all my players which include TMT2&3, WinDVD9, PDVD7&8.

With TMT5, when more than stereo is selected (5.1 or 7.1), I get nothing out of the sides or rears and what sounds like the rear channels out of the front.

All effects are disabled, compression is set to "normal environment" which is supposed to equal 'none'. I have tried selecting both the Auzen card explicitly and the 'default' output (should be the same thing, and acted like it).

Same result when playing from image or inserted disc.

Since the other two TMT players are also installed, I can confirm that the discs still play correctly in both TMT2 and TMT3.

I get the same results with BluRay or DVD, DTS or Dolby.

Found no similar issues on the TMT forum, will enter a support request.

Update:
Installed experimental TMT5 supporting version of Reclock (1.8.7.2) and audio now works correctly.

Last edited:
Just tried it out for the fun of it. Damn it's got a nice feature. Remember the movies where subtitles are often partially inside or completely inside the movie. Well you can freakin move the subtitles anywhere you want (eg to into the black bars) and enjoy the full image.

Now thats freakin awesome.

TMT5 is all I use for disc based formats now. DVD/HD DVD/BD. TMT5 is great.

Between the 50% discount for upgrading from tmt3 to tmt5 plus the email for 30% off a few weeks back I was able to upgrade for 29.99.

Yea the key is to not get in a big rush as the 50% is a given so try to wait on a coupon code to top that as well. :)

Back