• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TMT 3 has a purchase button now

damnskippy

However it does not say anything that I can see about the version you are purchasing. They really need to give the web guys a swift kick in the butt over there. Seen several stupid and confusing problems lately on their site.

I never registered my TMT V2 so I went ahead and did it after I posted that and after I logged in it was showing version 3 platinum etc. So I guess it updated while I was registering. Anyway I already bought it, downloaded it to 3 different places and I am fixing to install it.

I had hoped I would be able to use the 20% off coupon code I got when i registered in addition to the one you listed but it only lets you use one :(

No upgrade option yet :(

Wow. It appears they have pulled the upgrade option. It was there on the page I linked to because I used it along with some other people I know.

Edit: I have a suspicion why they removed the upgrade option but it hasn't been confirmed... yet. It'll probably return tomorrow.

Last edited:
For the overly dramatic people who react to things before calmly confirming a problem, AVG8 is currently flagging the file ArcHlp.sys as infected with Win32/Packed. A user reported it in the Arcsoft forums. No one else has reported issues and ESET Smart Security didn't bat an eyelash.

One thing I'm super glad to see with TMT3 is they ditched the Arcsoft Connection Daemon service. Most of us just disabled the stupid thing to begin with.

Last edited:
For the overly dramatic people who react to things before calmly confirming a problem, AVG8 is currently flagging the file ArcHlp.sys as infected with Win32/Packed. A user reported it in the Arcsoft forums. No one else has reported issues and ESET Smart Security didn't bat an eyelash.

One thing I'm super glad to see with TMT3 is they ditched the Arcsoft Connection Daemon service. Most of us just disabled the stupid thing to begin with.

Good to hear that. What did that do anyway?

Wow. It appears they have pulled the upgrade option. It was there on the page I linked to because I used it along with some other people I know.

Edit: I have a suspicion why they removed the upgrade option but it hasn't been confirmed... yet. It'll probably return tomorrow.

I also got the "upgrade" in time....given the lack of confirmation that you already owned TMT2 I'm guess this is why it has been (temp) pulled....

Good to hear that. What did that do anyway?

Honestly, I really am not completely sure. I believe it may have been related to the stupid access to your license and program information and possibly checking for updates. I never got a definitive answer to what the exact purpose was. Nonetheless, it no longer exists which is a very good thing.

In TMT3 you can also disable internet access for BD-J meaning BD-Live. Awesome! Nice UI changes. Improved PQ which can be noticed with the naked eye.

On the downside I still have my mysterious display driver failure where I lose a signal to my monitor but I am narrowing down the culprit and I believe it is another program running. I tested TMT3 right after boot without starting other programs and had no issue. When I went to use it again later after starting some programs I then had the issue. I just need to track down the culprit.

In terms of SD DVD playback, one of the Arcsoft people in the forums [Jason] has said that TMT3 still has SD DVD playback issues. I am utterly baffled by this. There is simply no excuse for their product to have SD DVD issue. This is truly pathetic.

This is taken directly from the Arcsoft forums: http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1929&PID=9315#9315

ArcSoft_Jason said:
We discovered a logic issue with the upgrade options late yesterday (thanks to fellow forum user davidleeds!) and the Web team could not quickly resolve it so they took the option back down to avoid the inevitible confusion and pricing errors it would have caused. It should be resolved soon and the option will be restored.

A few people got through before it was pulled. Luck of the draw. We'll be honoring any incorrectly priced upgrades that were lower then the proper price, and refunding any upgrade prices that were higher than they should have been.

In the meantime, keep testing the trial to be sure you're really happy with everything about TMT3 and won't regret the purchase a few days later. This option is there for your benefit. Take advantage of it.

Um that seems to answer my question as to why you said $28 and davinleeds said $35. Whatever it is, it's sure to be less than that mess PowerDVD 9 was, and I paid for it!

Retail cost is 89.99 USD. The upgrade cost is 49.99 USD. The 30% discount from the 49.99 USD price works out to an additional 15.00 USD off. The final price should be 34.99 USD for TMT2 and TME users to upgrade to TMT3. Arcsoft_Jason confirmed this in the forums.

The only time I saw a reference to a cost in the upper 20 USD area were cases where people very recently bought TMT2 and contacted Arcsoft because they feel they got robbed. They have been given the choice of upgrading from TMT2 to TMT3 at a price that is the difference between the cost of the two products which is 20 USD. Those same people will also have to purchase the software on CD/DVD at an additional 6.95 USD. So these people will be paying roughly ~27 USD for an upgrade. The people are having to pay an additional amount of money but it's still cheaper than those of us who upgraded including using the 30% discount.

Davinleeds and others I think got it for $28, possibly because of the mistake Jason was alluding to. I'm sure we'll see the $35 price after they put it back up. I'm perfectly fine with that price, hopefully they put it up before the 30% ends.

Davinleeds and others I think got it for $28, possibly because of the mistake Jason was alluding to. I'm sure we'll see the $35 price after they put it back up. I'm perfectly fine with that price, hopefully they put it up before the 30% ends.

Myself and 2 other people slipped through and got it for 34.99 USD before they removed the upgrade option. We all previously purchased TMT2. This just leaves me confused but, in the end, it doesn't much matter. I believe what Arcsoft_Jason was subtly saying was that some people only paid the upgrade price including the further discount and never owned TMT2 at all which was possible because there was no verification process. Those people got a huge discount.

I can't complain because I only paid 41.99 USD for TMT2 on sale to begin with and I now upgraded to TMT3 for 34.99 USD.

Meanwhile, Cyberlink charges $60 for 100MBs worth of nothing.

Meanwhile, Cyberlink charges $60 for 100MBs worth of nothing.

As does Arcsoft. Tried TMT3 eval version:
Blue-screens on a Vista64 test machine. It resets two XP machines directly to BIOS POST. (Hello Adbear, same problem as TMT2)

I'll pass. ;)

Back