• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

time taken

iam using the trial version of any and clone and found both to be amazing, but before i purchase can anyone tell me why it takes me 2 hours to burn a dvd from start to finish. i don't know alot about computers thanx

How fast is your burner? At what speed are you burning in the settings?

Check for PIO Mode:
Go to
1. My Computer
2. Control Panel
3. System
4. Hardware
5. Device Manager
6. IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
7. Open the installed IDE channels (Primary and Secondary)
8. Click on Advanced settings
9. You will see the transfer mode. If any are PIO you need to un-install the channel (right click and choose uninstall) and re-boot. Windows will reinstall the device and return it to DMA mode.
Here is another link that has more detail and pics. DMA

Last edited:
What are your pc specs? Just the processor and ram will help.
Right click on 'my computer'. Click on properties and general tab.
Your pc info - ram and processor will be listed at the bottom.

Depending on the specs of your pc - if you're multitasking while burning can slow things down too.

Have you done a disc defrag & defrag recently?

kelzmumkittywiskers,
On the last page of CloneDVD ... the final page before you "go to burn" set the burn-speed of your 16x rated blanks to 12x as long as you are using quality media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim. Set it to 8x if you are using other (lower quality) brands of media.

Best regards,
Whisperer

PS: afterthought ... your burner drive is also rated at a 16x speed right? Check the specs of your burner model in the documentation that came with it or the manufacturer's website.

Last edited:
also shut down any other programs that are running in the backround this will also help

Also, when you say:
tell me why it takes me 2 hours to burn a dvd from start to finish.
Did you really mean to communicate, instead, "the whole backup process" of both ripping the files off the original and then burning those files onto the blank media or do you truly mean, as you stated,"burning" only?

If it is ripping and burning, are you using two DVD drives(?): one (a DVD-ROM drive) for the rip and one (a DVD-RW drive) for the burn? If you are ripping with a DVD-RW burner, be aware that they are generally optimized for burning efficiency and not ripping speed. If this is indeed what you are doing, consider getting a nice cheap little 16x DVD-ROM drive to do your ripping. I like the $20 Lite-On drive that seems to be in every retail store in the US.

Whisperer

Last edited:
use to have that problem

then i bought a new pc:doh:

Back