• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Time for a new burner

creeper6996

Last time I needed a new burner, I got lots of suggestions for the Plextor 760A. It's worked like a champ, but I think it's slowly dying. I looked on newegg for a new Plextor 760A and it doesn't seem they sell them anymore. I saw a bunch of 800s, but no 760As. So, does anyone have any suggestions for a burner. I don't need to go cheap, I'd rather spend some money and have it last longer.

Thanks a LOT,
Creeper6996

Ask them why this one's no longer working or ask if they still sell the 760A?

Hi :)
There are some geunine Plextors still around. Just scarce.
Depends on where you are.
In the UK www.pricerunner.co.uk will come up with a couple of sources.
If in the US then I believe there is something similar.
If where you are you get no luck.
Consider the Samsung SH-S203(B)(N). SATA.
If SATA not an option try Pioneer 112D or the latest 115D.

Ask them why this one's no longer working or ask if they still sell the 760A?

According to the Plextor website, the 760A is no longer in stock. Looks like it may have been replaced by the PX-800. They sell them from their website so I will assume they are actual Plextors, not a rebrand.

Hi :)
The 800 is not a genuine Plextor.
As far as domestic DVDRW's goes, Plextor is no more. The 760 was the last.
However some retailers still have the odd drive.
Plextor have some returns/reconditioned & possibly stock set aside for warranty purposes.
So if your drive is under warranty it is worth a shot.

Back