Tickling Giants USA Netflix Unknown to Database

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Bubbator, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Bubbator

Bubbator Well-Known Member

Untitled.jpg Hi,
    I got an AnyDVD can try to guess CSS key sort of dialog box for this disk. I haven't copied yet but here is the log file.
    Thanx!
    B
    ps:
    region 1
    set E: to region 1 (brand new drive) and exited and restarted AnyDVD already.
    pps: drive may have ejected, resubmitting log.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  2. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

When did you create the log files? Before or after you set the drive region?

According to the logs the drive region is not set. You need to exit AnyDVD before setting the drive region in Device Manager. Exit AnyDVD by right-clicking on the systray icon and select Exit. Then go into Device Manager, select the drive, select the drive region, exit the Device Manager, and start AnyDVD again.

3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

This has nothing to do with the online database, but everything with as DLAD says, your unset drive hardware region.

4. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Do exactly as the message you got asks you to do.
    2017-10-17_12-20-00  set region.jpg

5. Bubbator

Bubbator Well-Known Member

Ah! Exit AnyDVD and then set drive region! Thank you DLAD! (And all). Problem solved.

Attached Files:

6. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

(y)

Glad to help.

whatever_gong82 and RedFox 1 like this.
  7. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

@James
    You think you could please edit that warning message, adding that "Exit AnyDVD First!" narrative? (The sentences we have to type here over and over.) :)
    It might (note I said might) put a dent in the CSS related traffic here - a little bit.
    -W

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    whatever_gong82 and slimm like this.
  8. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

You're right. But in the end I would prefer, if AnyDVD would say this:
    "Your drive region code is not set. Do you want to set it now? Yes? Which region? 1? Done!"

9. Ch3vr0n

Start with the first suggestion, that will give you time to implement the second ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

whatever_gong82 and Clams like this.
  10. Krawk

Krawk Well-Known Member

Aren't we only allowed a limited number of region switches though?

11. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

When you buy a drive its set to Reg 0. if you live in the USA, you have to set it to Region 1. If you live in England its Reg 2. It all depends on what the disc is, where I live they don't sell reg 2 , only reg 1. So leave it at the region you are in, but when the drive is new you have to set it to the region you are in. 5 is enough for anyone unless you move around the world frequently (n)

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!) - This is whats its like new.
    1 Bermuda, Canada, United States and U.S. territories
    2 The Middle East, Western Europe, Central Europe, Egypt, French overseas territories, Greenland, Japan, Lesotho, South Africa and Swaziland
    3 Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan
    4 Australasia, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico, Oceania, South America
    5 The rest of Africa, Former Soviet Union, the Indian subcontinent, Mongolia, North Korea
    6 Mainland China
    7 Reserved for future use (found in use on protected screener copies of MPAA-related DVDs, and "media-copies" of pre-releases in Asia)
    8 International venues such as aircraft, cruise ships, etc.

12. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

You set it for the region you are IN. If you're one of the very few people that gets a lot of DVDs from two different regions - take heart!
    Because most PC cases allow for 2 optical drives to be installed.
    -W

13. Krawk

Krawk Well-Known Member

I feel as though the conversation has gone backwards. My region 1 set drive rips region 2 discs regularly. Are we saying I should not be able to?

14. Ch3vr0n

No, we're saying an UNSET region can forces AnyDVD to do bruteforce on ALL regions. A set (but different) region only forces anydvd to bruteforce on different region discs. Problems > anydvd logfile please.

15. FurryGuy

FurryGuy Well-Known Member

Is that possible? As you say, it would be nice and stop a lot of problems.

16. Ch3vr0n

That's in the magical coding hands of James. If it's possible, I'm sure he'll find a way.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

17. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Yes! Sooner the better - hint hint.
    -W

18. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Like Chev said, In your case AnyDVD does not have to "brute force" crack region 1 CSS - because your drive is already set for R1.
    But it does have to brute force crack R2. (which has a high success rate)
    Once in a blue moon, a VERY short clip/title on the DVD from R2 with CSS might fail to crack. (rare but we've seen it)

19. FurryGuy

FurryGuy Well-Known Member

I know, I know.

I can hope and dream, can't I?

Faster, PLEASE if possible, James! ;)

20. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

That suggests there could be a "No" option (& some would choose it).

Something along these lines:
    AnyDVD HD installer Run. First task, installation checks if the region has been set.
    If it has, installer continues.
    If it hasn't, a message "Your drive region must be set before installation continues".
    Then either the user sets it manually or AnyDVD HD assists user to do so.

whatever_gong82 and Clams like this.