• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Threat identified in 8.2.4.0. (advddischlp.dll)

Indyrod

My webroot virus program displayed a threat level virus advddischlp.dll located in the ANYDVD folder, and I attached the screen print. What is this and why does it cause an Adware detection????? Should I let Webroot delete it, or what should I do. I have never received this before.

Attachments

• anydvd_bug.jpg
    anydvd_bug.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 14
As usual, false positive. That's a perfectly legit AnyDVD file. Take control of your av, shut it up, and put an exclusion on the entire folder, or wait for an update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

wait for an update to what? You know I'm a long time user, and never received this before. I did allow Webroot, and don't be putting it down, I never get a false positive, to skip it, but why is it showing up NOW?

wait for an update to what? You know I'm a long time user, and never received this before. I did allow Webroot, and don't be putting it down, I never get a false positive, to skip it, but why is it showing up NOW?
Never say never, you just did. You can:
1) Wait for your antivirus to correct itself.
2) Send the file they say is a problem to them so they can look at it and and update their program.
3) Ignore it, and install it anyway.

An update to your AV virus definitions that is no longer 'dangerous' or report it as a false positive. Such false positives are common on new releases that AV's don't yet know about. You're the second user in a matter of hours. You're lucky, the other person's av didn't even allow to download.

There's nothing wrong with the file IF you downloaded from the RedFox site. There's a sticky for a reason in general chat.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-and-virus-malware-warning-read-before-posting.72953/

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back