• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Thought for the day

Paul W. H

We are all having issues of some kind downloading material.

This is how I keep an accurate record of failures and would like to share it with all.

Create a folder called Download - failures or something similar.

If you are using more than one provider ensure that the provider pre-fix is activated in AS.

When a download fails it creates a file called "filename.mp4" and is Zero bits in size.

Simply copy that file to the Download - failures folder and when you open that folder you will have a record of the failures that you can sort by name or date.

If you are using a VPN it may be an idea to pre-fix the location to the filename for reference.

Good ideas. And for the time being it would help to save log files with all downloads.

Wow, i just look at the zero byte files in the Anystream download folder and redownload them. That is once I get enough tokens to test them again. Too bad testing a download is still taking a download token.

One can only hope that one day the Devs will tackle this issue and try to reckon tokens worth successful downloads rather then all downloads (successful and failed).
This is true, they should do that one time, but they should also implement a check if the download was actually unsuccessfull or if it has been cancelled. Because otherwise you just could cancel all downloads at around 95% when you only have the credits left and therefore ending up with infinite tokens.

We are all having issues of some kind downloading material.
This is how I keep an accurate record of failures and would like to share it with all.
Create a folder called Download - failures or something similar.

Certainly not a bad idea for those lacking a decent tracking system. I use Excel myself, so I can easily filter the list for "error". My tracker includes the Provider and VPN info. I provided a sample below.

However, I would recommend using the tools built into Windows, so you don't have to manually move those files back and forth.
We know those failed downloads often result in a 0 KB size. Change the View in the File Explorer to Details and then Sort the Size column to show the smallest at the top:

upload_2022-1-8_11-17-28.png

You can use this to rebuild your Download Queue. Depending on whether you are adding a single title or multiple (episodes), you just need to choose the option to replace the existing file.

Single Title
upload_2022-1-8_11-19-41.png

Multiple Titles
upload_2022-1-8_11-20-33.png

Obviously using the Provider in the filename before download will help. However, what if the title is no longer available from that provider when you get a chance at it again? I use JustWatch for this. Create a free account and use it to build your watchlists regardless of provider. Check out my guide here: AnyStream User Guide (Unofficial) and check out my Managing Your AnyStreams topic.

upload_2022-1-8_11-23-45.png

NOTE: For downloads that do not fail immediately, the file sizes will not help unless you track it. In cases like this, your method would work, however, I think Excel is a much better option for tracking bulk media. I've been using Excel to track my media for about 25 years now to rack DVDs, Blu-rays, and a variety of digital content.

upload_2022-1-8_11-34-32.png

Columns:
p = Provider
n = VPN (I use n because 99% of all VPN downloads are with Netflix)
Status = status media

I use n for my VPN status because about 99% of all VPN downloads are via Netflix. I'll add something like APV(UK) if it's anything other than Netflix.
Some status indicators:
  • w = added to Providers Watchlist, ready for download.
  • x = downloaded directly to media library.
  • error = download failed; retry when applicable.

Hopefully one day soon there won't be any more failed downloads. :unsure:

While this would be ideal, perfection isn't a realistic goal. No one wants AnyStream to crash or for downloads to stall. However, what happens after such failures with AnyStream also matters.

Taking a token after a successful download (verified by an AnyStream algorithm) rather than at the request for a download seems more tenable then attempting to eliminate all failures.

A two-prong approach wouldn't hurt though,..

While this would be ideal, perfection isn't a realistic goal. No one wants AnyStream to crash or for downloads to stall. However, what happens after such failures with AnyStream also matters.

Taking a token after a successful download (verified by an AnyStream algorithm) rather than at the request for a download seems more tenable then attempting to eliminate all failures.

A two-prong approach wouldn't hurt though,..
Lets get one thing fixed at a time, 1080p is the important objective. We can discuss other fixes at a later time.

upload_2022-1-8_11-34-32-png.62541

I definitely love this table :D I have several excel sheets containing my download stuff and I always thought I'm the most pedantic user here in this matter but today I understood that I found my teacher :bowdown:

P.S. I also like your signature with feature requests. If you don't mind I'll copy the format to post my ideas :)

I definitely love this table :D I have several excel sheets containing my download stuff and I always thought I'm the most pedantic user here in this matter but today I understood that I found my teacher :bowdown:

P.S. I also like your signature with feature requests. If you don't mind I'll copy the format to post my ideas :)

I catalogue my titles (from all sources) in a similar fashion but I use EMDB to do it. I find that more efficient than Excel but I can understand how someone whom might love Excel would roll their own.

I catalogue my titles (from all sources) in a similar fashion but I use EMDB to do it.
I've just had a look into EMDB. Looks nice but not realistic to me. Importing my collection to this program would take weeks if not months :D

I've just had a look into EMDB. Looks nice but not realistic to me. Importing my collection to this program would take weeks if not months :D

Oh yes, was not suggesting you change midstream just was mentioning there are apps that do this and that I too love to catalogue everything. Nothing at all wrong with the Excel method though.

Oh yes, was not suggesting you change midstream just was mentioning there are apps that do this and that I too love to catalogue everything. Nothing at all wrong with the Excel method though.
I use My Movies on iOS to track my purchased discs. This Excel tracker is an extension as it originally helped me keep track of what media I converted, from what source, and added to my Plex Media Library on my NAS.
I had to expand the tracking for digital copies, disc to digital purchases, and direct purchases from VUDU.
I recently switched to JustWatch and I'll purge them from my Excel tracker once they are added to my library. However, the ones I own, or intend to own in the future, they will remain in the Excel tracker.
I'm still purging titles in this list each week.
When I delete a title or show from Plex, I'll change its status in JustWatch from LIKE to SEEN. I use the LIKE to tell me that I have that title in my Plex Library. I don't use JustWatch to actually track what I LIKE... :cool:

Back