• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Those burning backups - Please read FIRST

This thread is not a thread meant for discussion. Please create appropriate threads.

Update

So I think I succeeded in creating an ISO file from the BD, but I can't find it anywhere. Tried searching for movie title and .iso files. Nothing. I am ready to give up on this.:bang:
Go to your 'Libraries' directory, then go to the *Video* directory. It is probably there. That is where my ISO's get saved to.

MC

Click the first, describe what's happening and send the log. The ball is in your court, you have the possibility to send the log to help fix the issue. Use it.

Dumb question: I have a log file I want to send..How do I attach it to a post?

Thanks..

MC

Went to burn Mockingjay Part 1 with cloneBD, partial, cinavia protection checked. Got to 46% of reading and stopped. No errors, just "froze". Created an ISO file with anyDVD HD successfully, burned it with IMGburn successfully but it did not remove the cinavia because IMGburn won't work with anyDVD activated although the backup was successful and is watchable until Cinavia kicks in.

Tried to burn the same ISO file that I was able to watch with IMGburn using cloneBD and once it froze or locked up at the same part of the reading process where it "froze" with cloneBD and movie combo. Is there a way to get a backup of this movie without Cinavia with IMGburn? And why does IMGburn successfully process the ISO file but cloneBD will not?? No coasters except cinavia one but no watchable backup either. First time completely stumped. Sent this to elby support, if nobody here can or will help.

Edit: Added snapshot of ISO freezing, no errors, just stops. When I shut down CloneBD get windows "program not working will look for solution" or something similar....

Attachments

• 2016-04-06_Mockinjay 1.jpg
    2016-04-06_Mockinjay 1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Question for developers......
When ripping a movie with cinavia, anyDVD HD has setting for "Remove Cinavia watermark from CloneBD audio stream during copy". Could this process be expanded to include cinavia removal while ripping with anyDVD HD then using IMGburn?

Why IMGWorks? because IMGBurn only "copies" the video content 1:1 into an ISO container, it has no shrinking capabilities whatsoever like CloneBD.
IMGBurn support? Simply not possible for the reason above. Removing cinavia requires audio processing one way or another. IMGBurn doesn't process audio. It just burns what you feed it to either disc or ISO. No more, no less. It can't do shrinking, removing of streams, recoding audio. It's not that your idea isn't a nice one, technically it's just not possible.

Why IMGWorks? because IMGBurn only "copies" the video content 1:1 into an ISO container, it has no shrinking capabilities whatsoever like CloneBD.
IMGBurn support? Simply not possible for the reason above. Removing cinavia requires audio processing one way or another. IMGBurn doesn't process audio. It just burns what you feed it to either disc or ISO. No more, no less. It can't do shrinking, removing of streams, recoding audio. It's not that your idea isn't a nice one, technically it's just not possible.

Well then maybe you could explain why IMGburn will process an ISO, cinavia aside, and cloneBD will not?? Same ISO. Understand about shrinkage, not an issue in this case. Just trying to back up Mockingjay 1 and cloneBD simply won't do it under any circumstances I tried....partial movie, ISO, none work.

Well then maybe you could explain why IMGburn will process an ISO, cinavia aside, and cloneBD will not?? Same ISO. Understand about shrinkage, not an issue in this case. Just trying to back up Mockingjay 1 and cloneBD simply won't do it under any circumstances I tried....partial movie, ISO, none work.

Let's move this out of this topic and over where it really belongs....I want to respond to you, but I am already on Pete's bad side for posting in the wrong topic area and I don't want to raise his ire any more! :)

MC

@MC

Where's that?? Be my guest, love to hear what you have to say. Sorry for delay, ambulance just came for wife. Don''t have much time and thought this was about burning. Bad day here...

Edit: Maybe someone else out there can help, Gotta go to hospital, thanks in advance for anybody that can help. BBL

Last edited:
@MC

Where's that?? Be my guest, love to hear what you have to say. Sorry for delay, ambulance just came for wife. Don''t have much time and thought this was about burning. Bad day here...

Edit: Maybe someone else out there can help, Gotta go to hospital, thanks in advance for anybody that can help. BBL

Ohhh...you're gonna get me in trouble! :)

What version are you using? .8 or .9? Reload .6 and see if it doesn't work for you. I was able to clone Mockingjay PT1 with .6, no problem. (25 gb, reduced audio, etc.

MC

@MC
Thanks for WB, how do I know what version I have? Always stops at clip 518.... gonna be gone for a couple hours at least. Got cat #, widescreen 46272.1 on disc. Only thing with . in it??? Wish I could wait 4 your answer, but more important things to worry about now :(
Couple hours or so I hope to be back, thanks

Which playlist are you choosing? I have the US version of Mockingjay Pt 1 I can test it here.

The reason Imgburn can copy it is because it is doing no processing of the files, it is just making a 1 to 1 backup, when running it through CloneBD it reads the the streams and depending on your settings then re-encodes parts so it's not the same thing. CloneBD should make a full or partial copy as well if you tell it not to re-encode anything as it will also then be just passing the untouched files across to the final output. It's the act of re-encoding parts of the file that are causing the failure

CloneBD should make a full or partial copy as well if you tell it not to re-encode anything as it will also then be just passing the untouched files across to the final output. It's the act of re-encoding parts of the file that are causing the failure

ISO and partial movie fit on 25GB verbatim blank. Says no trancoding required while reading it, no re-encoding going on in this case.

When making back up of either movie or ISO freezes at clip 518 or 520 or thereabouts with cloneBD, always just before burning starts.

IMGburn does ISO NP. If no cinavia I would be OK but.....

Not sure where to find playlist info

Just told a guy bashing anyDVD how I never ran into a movie I wasn't able to back up, now this o_O

BBL hospital calling :(

Where is the 25GB ISO coming from? The original movie disc is just over 45GB.

I have the original US version and if I make a partial disc with just the original playlist it comes in at 25.8GB after removing the Spanish but leaving video and audio untouched. CloneBD processes the original disc to untouched full or partial with no problems for me, I'm about to try removing Cinavia next

Where is the 25GB ISO coming from? The original movie disc is just over 45GB.

I have the original US version and if I make a partial disc with just the original playlist it comes in at 25.8GB after removing the Spanish but leaving video and audio untouched. CloneBD processes the original disc to untouched full or partial with no problems for me, I'm about to try removing Cinavia next

IDK but Mockingjay I, not 2 and it played all the way thru with the cinavia by IMGburn. 22GB from ripping, ISO on my desktop now. MOCKINGJAY_PT1 22.5 GB (24,231,804,928 bytes) from ISO properties. Only time it was above 25GB was when I tried a complete 1:1 burn, until I downgraded sound due to cinavia which also froze. Partial comes in at 19.08 or something close but freezes every time. Wife in hospital, gotta go BBL, thanks for any help anybody

Last edited:
If you read back you can see I am also using Mockingjay part 1, the original US retail disc is not SL.

Also as we've already said Imgburn does no processing of the disc, it makes a bit by bit copy, whereas CloneBD is processing all the files, splitting off the unwanted parts then re-encoding the audio for you so it's not the same thing.

What I can confirm is that when converting the audio to Cinavia free it does hang on file 520

If you read back you can see I am also using Mockingjay part 1, the original US retail disc is not SL. Also as we've already said Imgburn does no processing of the disc, it makes a bit by bit copy, whereas CloneBD is processing all the files, splitting off the unwanted parts then re-encoding the audio for you so it's not the same thing. What I can confirm is that when converting the audio to Cinavia free it does hang on file 520

Sorry about not acknowledging Pt1. Read it but in a hurry. Wife in hospital with brain "infection" so other things on my mind, sorry.

Don't need a "processing" of ISO by either program? It's essentially 1:1 since it fits on the blank. IMGburn works save Cinavia. Sounds like you got the same results, hanging or freezing at same place in the process.

"CloneBD is processing all the files, splitting off the unwanted parts then re-encoding the audio for you so it's not the same thing."

CloneBD processing same files but unable to finish read process like IMGburn. So Audio/Cinavia related situation? Take away the cinavia and I have a working backup with IMGburn. CloneBD freezes, as you saw before it even gets to burn process.

Tried multiple originals BTW. Made a request to developers to analyze it or see if it's anything within their realm but was rebuffed by chevron. Elby support says cloneBD doesnt "backup protected discs", as if I didn't know that. No help there at all.

So thats where it stands now. Just got a 3rd disc to try but really wonder if it's the disc at all. All wanted Region code, not done auto like most. Checked disc and put in correct code, trying to eliminate ez stuff first. Thanks for your help.

In order for cinavia to be removed, the video file needs to be split into video/audio & subtitles in a way before putting everything back together and creating an ISO with cinavia removed even if you're doing 1:1. ImgBurn just copies it all 1:1 without splitting the files. Hell, you can even disable anydvd and IMGburn should still copy the entire thing. It just won't play by default ;)

My guess. defective disc? Since you say it's your third, did you try a different version or retailer location. Or there's something in the disc CloneBD chokes on. Just send in the CloneBD logfile. Please do explain what you mean by "rebuffed" by me.

In order for cinavia to be removed, the video file needs to be split into video/audio & subtitles in a way before putting everything back together and creating an ISO with cinavia removed

Makes sense but isn't that what anyDVD does to remove cinavia? "Creating an ISO with cinavia removed" is exactly what's needed in this case or am I missing something? If I had that, no reason it shouldn't work. Problem I'm having is anyDVD is not removing cinavia from ISO file.

Rebuffed = couldn't help. You said it was a good idea yourself but did it go any farther? Programmers or Developers say it wasn't possible? Geez people always trying to make something out of nothing and looking to argue. Not me. Nothing personal at all, shouldn't take it that way. I've been called a pirate, liar among other things. Those are offensive. I let it go.

Rebuffed is not offensive and you really shouldn't try and make something out of nothing. Hope that answers your question satisfactorily. I'm here looking for a solution, not an argument. Life too short to sit in front of a computer screen to waste time or argue with someone about anything.

Can't be of help or don't want to, just say so or say nothing at all. I've done everything i can to help, sending in logs, coming up with ideas and suggestions, not only here but to support when it was working right. Anyway, what follows is why I'm here.

I'm sure other people got backups of this, remember seeing it being discussed somewhere but wasn't into it at the time, so I believe it has been done and can be done. Adbear had same thing happen to him. Finally got an error message with this disc but froze up at clip 520. So still won't even start writing process. His BD, and my 3 or 4 now.

error message.jpg

No logfile cos it just freezes up and stops. This is as much info as I've gotten in 4 tries, different movies. Borrowed at first, then bought and returned. No refund once open but can get another one. Running out of excuses now :D

no it's not. Its cloneBD that does the splitting. AnyDVD taps into CloneBD during that process and applies the fix on-the-fly. CloneBD doesn't know any of this is going on and just goes on with the ac3 recode.

Mount your iso or load it into CloneBD directly, make sure in AnyDVD you have "remove cinavia watermark..." setting enabled. On the Last screen before you hit go select "downscale audio to ac3". If you did it correctly the fox icon will turn purple.

I didn't take offense to you saying rebuffed mate :) Didn't know what you meant by that, that's all :) You didn't offend me nor was it my intention to make you think you did. I simply didn't know what you meant by that word ;)

I'd suggest you send that image to elby along with the last log you have of that disc. Perhaps that will give them something to work with. Perhaps you can use MediaInfo or something on the m2ts file CloneBD identifies as clip 520.

Back