• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Those burning backups - Please read FIRST

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
I've seen a few posts now about failed burns. If you're going to be burning discs, please please please do 2 things FIRST.

1. Test the backup on your PC first using a software player like PowerDVD. Mount the ISO image with virtual clonedrive, load it up in PowerDVD, and check everything.
2. Burn to a rewriteable disc first, and ensure it works in the player you're intending to play it in.

I really don't want to see more people wasting expensive discs on "failed attempts". Test test test. Then burn.

too many BD coasters

I've seen a few posts now about failed burns. If you're going to be burning discs, please pleas the e please do 2 things FIRST.

1. Test the backup on your PC first using a software player like PowerDVD. Mount the ISO image with virtual clonedrive, load it up in PowerDVD, and check everything.
2. Burn to a rewriteable disc first, and ensure it works in the player you're intending to play it in.

I really don't want to see more people wasting expensive discs on "failed attempts". Test test test. Then burn.
My problem is that the back up disc I produce is not detected by the player I am using PowerDVD 14. My purpose in posting however is to request step by step instructions on how to implement your advice. I don't know how to mount an ISO image I have not used virtual clone drive before and when I open the "my computer" section of PowerDVD the virtual clone drive shows as BD-ROM and I am asked to insert a disc . I am not using rom discs and the disc I want to back-up is already inserted.

If you have virtual clonedrive installed, there is an icon for it in the task tray (by the system clock) by default. Right click it and in the menu that comes up select mount image. Then select the iso you created.

I usually don't think of using the process you mentioned as I haven't had any coasters for a long time and am use to making perfect copies of everything. So when I get new software from a company I trust I don't expect failure and think it has to be something simple and will keep burning a few disk thinking the problem shouldn't continue and am quite annoyed when it does.

At this point I'm about to start looking into a request for a refund because the money spent isn't worth waiting for whatever needs to be done to get it working especially since no one is offering any help and I already am using software that works. If this wouldn't have been Slysoft software I wouldn't have given it a try!!

Don't expect and error log as the program says the burn was successful when it wasn't.

No one trying to help? That's bollocks, that's exactly what Samuel is trying to do. Always test your iso's before burning. Especially with new software like CloneBD. No software developer makes things perfect from the get go. If that were the case, a company as big as Microsoft wouldn't have to send out weekly patches.

Have some patience, if you got a lifetime license you have nothing to lose. The program will only get better. I too am using software that works (bd-rebuilder), but that doesn't mean I won't help testing this and improving it.

You can ALWAYS produce an error log, even when the encode said 'successful'. On the screen where it said successful, simply hold down the ALT key and 2 buttons will appear above the disc image. 1 to create and email the logfile, and a 2nd one to just create it.

Click the first, describe what's happening and send the log. The ball is in your court, you have the possibility to send the log to help fix the issue. Use it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

My post received no replies and my contacting Slysoft support directily has yielded no response's so I stand by what I said, I am getting no help!! I am currently searching thru any threads I can find trying to get some answer, Samuel maybe helping in this thread but that doesn't help me figure out why CloneBD tells me I was successful but when trying to play the created disk proves the software wrong.

Last edited:
I created this thread for the very purpose of trying to ensure people don't waste expensive discs burning something that may or may not work. I wanted to help people get in the habit of testing before burning. I did not create this thread to discuss the numerous issues with CloneBD that need to be fixed. We have a whole forum section dedicated to that. I get it, the software is buggy. We don't need to fill up every single thread where people are trying to help with complaints about it. I'm simply trying to help those who wish to continue using the software in any way I can.

I created this thread for the very purpose of trying to ensure people don't waste expensive discs burning something that may or may not work. I wanted to help people get in the habit of testing before burning. I did not create this thread to discuss the numerous issues with CloneBD that need to be fixed. We have a whole forum section dedicated to that. I get it, the software is buggy. We don't need to fill up every single thread where people are trying to help with complaints about it. I'm simply trying to help those who wish to continue using the software in any way I can.

And my original intent was to explain why some people, such as myself, end up with coasters. You have so much success you never expect them. This has to be my first coasters in well over a hundred created disc using a variety of different software and I've never had any problems especially not with any Slysoft software so, ta da surprise + coasters = posting on message boards.

And my original intent was to explain why some people, such as myself, end up with coasters. You have so much success you never expect them. This has to be my first coasters in well over a hundred created disc using a variety of different software and I've never had any problems especially not with any Slysoft software so, ta da surprise + coasters = posting on message boards.

I understand that and didn't say you shouldn't post on the forum about your issues. I simply said that this thread wasn't about trying to solve burning issues. For those, you should open up a new thread (or find one of the several existing ones) in the issues section of the CloneBD forum so that your problem can be tracked better.

The lesson is that no matter what company it is, brand new software should be treated with kid gloves until you know everything works. That includes SlySoft software, as well. Hence the recommendation I gave in the first post for first mounting the image, playing it with a software player like PowerDVD, verifying that works, and then burning it to a rewriteable disc to test on your hardware player that you want your backups to play on. Only then should you move to permanent discs. Clearly CloneBD is going through some growing pains right now, but, the issues are being tracked, worked on, and tackled as quickly as they can by the developers. My intent with this thread was to help people protect their investment in blank discs by ensuring the backup will play successfully.

You should make your original post, about testing iso's before burning, a sticky :).

It's really a no brainer among most that are experienced burning blu ray but is still new with a lot of the CloneDVD clientele who are moving to CloneBD..

Last edited:
I usually don't think of using the process you mentioned as I haven't had any coasters for a long time and am use to making perfect copies of everything. So when I get new software from a company I trust I don't expect failure and think it has to be something simple and will keep burning a few disk thinking the problem shouldn't continue and am quite annoyed when it does.

At this point I'm about to start looking into a request for a refund because the money spent isn't worth waiting for whatever needs to be done to get it working especially since no one is offering any help and I already am using software that works. If this wouldn't have been Slysoft software I wouldn't have given it a try!!

Don't expect and error log as the program says the burn was successful when it wasn't.
I think he is like me? And want a simple program like CloneDVD where you put the original disc in and a blank disc and the software does everything like CloneDVD. If not please put a step by step breakdown. I don't know how to copy a ISO either. Never had to before. Please explain in steps. Like Step 1 , Step 2 etc.......

I think he is like me? And want a simple program like CloneDVD where you put the original disc in and a blank disc and the software does everything like CloneDVD. If not please put a step by step breakdown. I don't know how to copy a ISO either. Never had to before. Please explain in steps. Like Step 1 , Step 2 etc.......

Until the major bugs are worked out with CloneBD:

1. Save the iso image on HDD first. CloneBD target should be set to a HDD folder (may require 50GB or more free space).
2, Use virtual clone drive (VCD) to load the image.and a software player like TMT or PowerDVD to test the image.
3, After confirming the image is satisfactory and working with a software player, use IMGBURN to burn to BDR or BDRE. Note: Until you are familiar with the process, make sure the image works with AnyDVD unloaded to make sure it's not still encrypted before burning to BDR.

Links:
1. VCD: http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html
2. IMGBURN: http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html
3. PowerDVD: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/features_en_US.html?&r=1

If you still have problems, you should start a new thread with your specific concerns.

Last edited:

why CloneBD tells me I was successful but when trying to play the created disk proves the software wrong.

I'm having same problem. Successfully or so I thought, read the movie and asked for the blank. Sat there and watched as it did entire "partial copy main feature" only burn process, only I got no successful sound, no error sound. It just "finished". Won't play in stand alone player. Burned disk reports 0 bytes used 0 bytes left under PC properties?? Never used ISO's Virtual Drives, etc. Never had to. AnyDVD ruled.

When I bought this, biggest mistake was like you I expected it to work, didn't even bother with 21 day trial. Now I feel screwed. Pile of coasters mounting. I have AnyDVD HD reporting "automatic region code not possible with this disc" for 5 different movies I've tried, was told by support that doesnt matter with bad burn. Question why is it there then?? I think they put CloneBD out way too soon. Should work as with standard DVD's or as it says....

CloneBD lets you copy any unprotected Blu-ray to your hard drive, or any blank Blu-ray disc. With just a few clicks you can choose to make a partial copy of selected titles, audio languages

Bad enough it takes forever, due to size then end up with expensive coasters and advised to use programs and formats not understood? Why?? I also may seek refund. Wasting an awful lot of my time too. I guess that doesn't matter.

Until the major bugs are worked out with CloneBD:

1. Save the iso image on HDD first. CloneBD target should be set to a HDD folder (may require 50GB or more free space).
2, Use virtual clone drive (VCD) to load the image.and a software player like TMT or PowerDVD to test the image.
3, After confirming the image is satisfactory and working with a software player, use IMGBURN to burn to BDR or BDRE. Note: Until you are familiar with the process, make sure the image works with AnyDVD unloaded to make sure it's not still encrypted before burning to BDR.

Links:
1. VCD: http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html
2. IMGBURN: http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html
3. PowerDVD: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/features_en_US.html?&r=1

If you still have problems, you should start a new thread with your specific concerns.
Ok trust me I'm not complaining just asking questions. What exactly does cloneBD do if we have to go through all those steps? I was looking for a simple program like clonedvd. I appreciate all the help just not used to going through so many steps.

Wrong Steps

Ok trust me I'm not complaining just asking questions. What exactly does cloneBD do if we have to go through all those steps? I was looking for a simple program like clonedvd. I appreciate all the help just not used to going through so many steps.

Exactly. All three steps are done outside of CloneBD, and without even having the software purchased or installed. You just gave steps on how to use AnyDVDHD with a 3rd party burning software. :bang:

BD Clone ISO problems

I have tried twice now to make an ISO file of the movie GRAVITY and I get an internal transcoder error. So I can't load an ISO file to check how it did> What should I try.:)

Total Fail

I am having no luck with the (thankfully) trial version of BD clone. I am getting just about every issue people have posted here. No luck using just AnyDVD HD and CloneBD to make a backup - Using District 9 as a test BD, there is some sort of encryption that AnyDVD is not eliminating, resulting in a completely unviewable image. The estimated read and write time were well over 10 hours, and this for the "feature only" backup onto a 25GB BDR. So I downloaded the VCD and ImageBurn as suggested here. The estimated time is more reasonable (~2 hrs), but the image is still unviewable. WinXP with sufficient processing and available HDD space. Thanks for any help. At this point, my high hopes for another killer program from Slysoft have been dashed. And I noticed it has been way more than a week since the last update, too. :(

Update

So I think I succeeded in creating an ISO file from the BD, but I can't find it anywhere. Tried searching for movie title and .iso files. Nothing. I am ready to give up on this.:bang:

Repeat the process as if you were to do a new clone. But instead on doing the actual conversion, simply look on the last screen what the new iso would be located. Then start windows explorer and navigate to that folder, here you'll find your previously created iso :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thanks Ch3vrOn

I did locate the file, but there was nothing there related to the BD I tried to back up. Tried it again with updated CloneBD, and got error message which ended the reading process. Also I am getting a superimposed image over the video, some sort of copy protection, I guess. SO, I continue to have total failure from CloneBD. I will try again after the next upgrade if my trial doesn't expire.

Back