• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

This program cannot run without the original CD in the drive error

Deli004

I download a game called Casper: Mystery in the Castle and I got it from Archive.org. I have tried to play it but then, when I pressed launcher.exe, an error appeared. It says that "This program cannot run without the original CD in the drive". I looked at My Abadonware website and it says that it has copy protection and can not be installed from the mounted disc image. It also says I have to physically burn the disc image on CD. I burn it using ImgBurn and I tried on a Windows 7 laptop (it has 32 bits and I think it only works on 32 bits Windows OSs, not 64) and yet, it still happens. Also, in the english folder, it doesn't work unless if you have burned the ISO file. It worked at first but then, that error appeared again. And it also appears the "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item" when I press setup.exe

Can someone know what's the problem?

Last edited:
Game jackal would fix that but software is long gone. Alcohol 120 would to if it's even still around. You need what is called a NoCD patch but those are not legal. Since this is Abadonware and you can't buy it anymore, that should be fair use, presuming you are doing this for educational research ;)

Back