This looks like an Anydvd problem

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by twopipes, Aug 13, 2007.

1. twopipes

twopipes New Member

I am seeing this problem in a number of forums on the net. I am having
    the exact same problem; can't recognize dvd-r, dvd+r DL, but can play
    regular dvds. Those updates have been coming fast and furious and it
    feels like they caused a problem. I went out and bought an LG GSA E60L
    external burner and it won't recognize blank dvds either.

Bottom line is that it is not our drives and it isn't Nero either. I've had other situations like this before and then in a few updates the problem went away.

This one is real frustrating and I am growing increasingly impatient with the authors of AnyDvd. As I said, this isn't the first time.

DOes anyone know of competitors program that works better than AnyDvd?
    Maybe this is the best we can hope for.

2. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

AnyDVD is the best. Test the drive with AnyDVD off. If it doesn't work, it's obviously not AnyDVD's fault.

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

What does that mean, exactly?

Anydvd isn't supposed to recognize blank dvds.

Visit If Anydvd says your drive is disabled, ignore the message unless you also receive it
    when you have a movie inserted in that drive.
    Some drives' firmware may report the wrong
    information to Anydvd. Often Anydvd will still function properly.
    visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=2891&postcount=12 (Zebadee's Anydvd works fine)

4. Webslinger

On the fly? No. Nothing comes close to what Anydvd offers.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  5. r_grayhat

r_grayhat Active Member

Disabling AnyDVD during the burn process might help a little, but I don't think it'll completely solve the problem.

6. Webslinger

That shouldn't help at all. Anydvd doesn't affect burn issues--only the verification process with some applications.

7. r_grayhat

r_grayhat Active Member

I think it is possible there are additional programs now that are conflicting with AnyDVD. I know that on my computer, the iTunes CD burner driver was conflicting. I haven't really had that problem before, it is possible it is a new conflict.

Yes, AnyDVD doesn't affect burn issues, but it is possible it causes the DVD drive to read the blank disc differently than the computer would do on its own. Especially if there are programs that are trying to share the drive.

8. Webslinger

That could be, yes.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If the disc is blank, there's nothing to read (except for MIDs, atip, etc.), which Anydvd doesn't block the reading process of. atip hider type programs can sometimes cause issues. Are you talking about blank media disc recognition--or being able to read burned blank media?

Anyway, I'm still not clear what the OP's issue is (if Anydvd is saying the drive is disabled with blank media inserted, that's not uncommon--nor any concern).

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  9. Webslinger

10. evlncrn8

evlncrn8 Well-Known Member

installed alcohol or daemon tools?
    their 'hide media' option causes things like this....

11. Webslinger

Yeah, atip hiders. Clonecd also has something similar in its Clonecd tray (with "hide cdr media"--but I haven't tested to see if that also affects blank dvd media).