• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"This download site has been reported as unsafe to Microsoft..."

flumkin

I recently upgraded to IE8 Beta & was surprised tonight when I went to update my copy of AnyDVD. When I clicked the download link on this website, a warning popped up telling me that slysoft.com had been reported as an unsafe website to Microsoft.

Has anyone else had this experience & why am I seeing this warning? I'm pretty sure that there's no spyware or malicious software here, so why does M$ft think this is an unsafe site.

Furthermore, is M$ tracking me and reporting me for having DVD cloning software???

Let's see it...

I recently upgraded to IE8 Beta & was surprised tonight when I went to update my copy of AnyDVD. When I clicked the download link on this website, a warning popped up telling me that slysoft.com had been reported as an unsafe website to Microsoft.

Has anyone else had this experience & why am I seeing this warning? I'm pretty sure that there's no spyware or malicious software here, so why does M$ft think this is an unsafe site.

Furthermore, is M$ tracking me and reporting me for having DVD cloning software???

I am most interested in seeing that message. Please make me a screen shot (JPG please) and attach it here. Thanks very much.

This is likely one of those "we know what's best for you" things from Microsoft with the new SmartScreen® Filter

IE8 is a beta for very few people at the moment. And those users decide what is trustful and what not - evidently someone's paranoia got the better of them and slysoft.com was thought to be such a site. Nothing could be further from the truth. The more IE8 users get the product, the more accurate those things (may) get.

Last edited:
Remember IE8 is a beta right now it does it on a few site that are reputable as well. Plus there hasn't been an update from the last released beta and there are memory leaks and your info isn't safe when you type passwords and such either.

Business as usual

OK, that sounds normal for Microsoft at least. ;)

I am most interested in seeing that message. Please make me a screen shot (JPG please) and attach it here. Thanks very much.

This is likely one of those "we know what's best for you" things from Microsoft with the new SmartScreen® Filter

IE8 is a beta for very few people at the moment. And those users decide what is trustful and what not - evidently someone's paranoia got the better of them and slysoft.com was thought to be such a site. Nothing could be further from the truth. The more IE8 users get the product, the more accurate those things (may) get.

Here's what it looks like:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• KnownBadWebsite.JPG
    KnownBadWebsite.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 85
  • UnsafeDownload.JPG
    UnsafeDownload.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 87
Sweety, I can create fake images on my own.

a lot of noise about nothing

In the meantime I've looked into this and it's a panic attack by some beta users who probably got a false positive in their AV program or whatever.
Another "the world will end tomorrow" message from our Redmond friends.

Fogeddaboudit.

Or Sony paid MS to make life harder here.... in which case the fix will be slow or never...
(someday IE may just block this site if they get paid enough)

-W (1st rule - follow the money)

Last edited:
Or Sony paid MS to make life harder here.... in which case the fix will be slow or never...
(someday IE may just block this site if they get paid enough)

-W (1st rule - follow the money)

I hope not. even though I don't have blu-ray I like to read the posts here and try to contribute. the 'arms race' between aacs and slysoft is interesting to watch.

Back