• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Thinking of Updating to Dual Layer

-nick

Hey folks,
I've been using AnyDVD and DVDClone for a few years without any trouble. Although that "quality" bar always made me wonder just how much I'm missing by sticking with a single layer dvd burner.

Is the improvement noticeable between a ~60% quality burn and ~100%? I realize that dual layer burners aren't expensive anymore and the sticky thread looks like it has some good suggestions on which to buy/avoid. I'm wondering if it's worth the upgrade?

Cheers
nick

D/L burners are very inexpensive but D/L media, due to lack of enthusiasm, has failed to come down to a reasonable price. To some, the price is justifiable. To me, it's not even close yet.

D/L burners are very inexpensive but D/L media, due to lack of enthusiasm, has failed to come down to a reasonable price. To some, the price is justifiable. To me, it's not even close yet.

Yes the prices of DL media are outrageous even for the crap media. I just wait until a sale comes along that drops the price to around a dollar a disc and then stock up. Normally DL media is between two and three dollars a disc which when you think about it, isn't that bad considering you are backing up your expensive DVD collection. Better to spend 3 bucks on a backup than buy a new copy if something happens. :agree:

Personally, I can't justify even $1 per disc for D/L when I get quality S/L for about $.30 per disc.

Excellent tips. I might upgrade my drive at some point and keep a small stack of DL disks for dvd's that are packed enough to warrant using them. Then just backup most things on SL disks.

Thanks folks!

Excellent tips. I might upgrade my drive at some point and keep a small stack of DL disks for dvd's that are packed enough to warrant using them. Then just backup most things on SL disks.

Thanks folks!

I bought a 20 pack of D/L discs about a yr. ago. I've found a use for 3 of them so far.

Back