• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Thinking of Purchasing

NutFlush920

I’m coming from the good old days days where I could rent a movie on iTunes and run the downloaded file through Tuneskit to have a DRM free version to enjoy on any device. I’m thinking of purchasing this and now renting on Amazon but before I do just have a few questions.

1. Does this work with all Amazon Video including rentals?

2. To remove this invisible “watermark” I’m reading about can’t someone just run the file through Handbrake afterwards to remove it? I don’t plan to share my content with anyone online but just curious as this would be the obvious thing to do if it worked.

3. How is this method better than say an HDMI capture card? Other than the obvious no 5.1 audio, embedded subtitles (which I don’t need), faster (unless you’re using real-time which the app says is recommended) and no need for trimming afterwards. I have a capture card that works amazing for Disney+ and HBO Max so trying to determine if it’s worth the cash to get 5.1 audio and whatever other benefits I may be missing.

Thanks in advance.

I’m coming from the good old days days where I could rent a movie on iTunes and run the downloaded file through Tuneskit to have a DRM free version to enjoy on any device. I’m thinking of purchasing this and now renting on Amazon but before I do just have a few questions.

1. Does this work with all Amazon Video including rentals?

2. To remove this invisible “watermark” I’m reading about can’t someone just run the file through Handbrake afterwards to remove it? I don’t plan to share my content with anyone online but just curious as this would be the obvious thing to do if it worked.

3. How is this method better than say an HDMI capture card? Other than the obvious no 5.1 audio, embedded subtitles (which I don’t need), faster (unless you’re using real-time which the app says is recommended) and no need for trimming afterwards. I have a capture card that works amazing for Disney+ and HBO Max so trying to determine if it’s worth the cash to get 5.1 audio and whatever other benefits I may be missing.

You've got a fully capable trial version, the only difference is the number of downloads. What's stopping you from downloading that and trying it out?!

1 yes, but you need to read the title BEFORE you access it's page in AnyStream. So either through your normal browser or through AS and then temporarily navigate to a different title. Renting through AS and then immediately trying to download will not work. You'll need to reload the page.
2 no, it's embedded hidden in the data stream, it's not something a video encoder like handbrake can remove
3 AS is a direct downloader, not a recorder like capture cards

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1 yes, but you need to read the title BEFORE you access it's page in AnyStream. So either through your normal browser or through AS and then temporarily navigate to a different title. Renting through AS and then immediately trying to download will not work. You'll need to reload the page.
2 no, it's embedded hidden in the data stream, it's not something a video encoder like handbrake can remove
3 AS is a direct downloader, not a recorder like capture cards

So if it’s embedded in the steam would it hurt sharing with a friend if neither of us shares online? The reason I ask is because I have a friend who has a duplicate of everything I have should my drive ever fail.

Also, I’m assuming a capture wouldn’t have this data embedded as Windows Camera app is being used to record what’s being played.

And how are you going to guarantee your friend won't share it online, or share it with his friends who would share it online. You have no control over friends of your friends, but if YOUR download appears online and your friends' friends will share it online, they will be coming after YOU. Not your friends or their friends.

If your friend wants the download,then have him but AnyStream too, that's the only way you can guarantee he'll have the video file too and they won't be coming after you if he shares it with his friends and they put it online. Then they'd be coming after him.

And as I said, it's hidden meta watermark in the video file, what you use to download or capture is irrelevant. It'll be in the file either way.

So one last question that I can't really seem to find an answer for before buying. Is there a way to to get chapters downloaded with the files? I know I can download from other sources and simply add afterward but how accurate is doing that as most of the chapter's are pulled from DVD or BR?

Are chapters available in a web browser in either provider? DVD/BD/UHD chapters are timecoded to the presentation they come with. You can of course, just experiment and align them yourself.

I guess it's not a huge deal breaker and realize no streaming service has chapters. Was just used to it from BR rips and iTunes downloads.

I guess it's not a huge deal breaker and realize no streaming service has chapters. Was just used to it from BR rips and iTunes downloads.

So just out of curiosity, if you know that "no streaming service has chapters," how did you imagine AS would suddenly birth them for you? Let me reiterate what I said at the start:-

You've got a fully capable trial version, the only difference is the number of downloads. What's stopping you from downloading that and trying it out?!

Again, what exactly is preventing you from doing just that^ ?

I didn’t realize chapters weren’t on streaming services until I Googled it after your previous post. Now I know.

I am using the trial version just asking questions for which I didn’t find an answer while searching the forum. My apologies for seeking help in this form.

Last edited:
I didn’t realize chapters weren’t on streaming services until I Googled it after your previous post. Now I know.

I am using the trial version just asking questions for which I didn’t find an answer while searching the forum. My apologies for seeking help in this form.

Don't play the victim.

You want to say that you never used a streaming service before in your life, yet you want to use AS to download stuff from a streaming service; I've heard many things in my life, but that is a new one... Because if you had used a streaming service, you'd know if the chapter markers were provided by them; in fact, even y-oo-t-ooobe only recently started doing them, and that requires people to actually set the markers themselves for their videos.

If you're already using the trial version, I would've thought actually using it to download and seeing what you get would be the way to go. And here's a rhetorical question: since you're patently familiar with the 'scene, you get many scene releases from either of the two streaming services with chapter markers? C'mon!

Back