• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

'Things To Come' (film)

Ken41

Hi. Just thought I'd report this. A friend brought me back from England a new two-disc set featuring the film THINGS TO COME (Network). I wanted to make a back-up copy. I use AnyDVD 6.1.9.3. plus 1ClickDVD Copy 5. The first of the two discs was not a problem. But on loading the second, AnyDVD stayed in the Pink condition (of Red-Pink-Red). I tried again - with the same result. However, this time I went away for a bit and did some other work. After about 10 or 20 minutes, suddenly AnyDVD went into Red - and now I was able to successfully back-up the disc.

Any comments?

Thanks - Ken41 (in Australia, btw)

Any comments?

1. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

2. Can you reproduce this problem over and over again? Or is it just a one time fluke?

Hi, Ken41 here again. Did that upload work? In any case, this time the disc in question did not present a problem! AnyDVD quickly went from Pink to Red, and I could play or back-up the disc.

Thanks - Ken41

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_T_DVDVolume.zip
    51.3 KB · Views: 6
Hmmm . . .

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
NTIDrvr (system32\DRIVERS\NTIDrvr.sys), Version: 1.0.0.6 (1.0.0.6)
Company: NewTech Infosystems, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2002 NewTech Infosystems, Inc.
Description: NTI CD-ROM Filter Driver
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 6
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 6

from http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html

NTIDrv - NTI CD-ROM Driver used by New Tech Infosystems Inc in their burning and ripping engine

I'm pretty sure NTI FileCD, which is packet writing software, installs this driver. Packet writing software often causes problems with Slysoft software and other software in general. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable.

This filter has got to go!

CDROM Class LowerFilters:

UBHelper (system32\drivers\UBHelper.sys), Version: unknown

Hmm . . . This appears to be from NTI CD & DVD-Maker, but I don't know what program exactly. And I don't know if it causes problems.

1. Uninstall NTI's Filecd packet writing software, and ensure NTIDrvr no longer appears in your upper filters after rebooting. If you need that drag and drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead.

But if you can't figure out how to remove (or uninstall that program) that filter (or how to check your filters), do this:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "NTIDrvr". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

2. It's possible uninstalling what ever installed UBHelper in your lowerfilters will help as well. I'm not sure whether that filter affects anything.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help, Webslinger. I installed imgburn and did what you said ...

- Ken41

Back