• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The young pope S1 (Dutch release)

I assume AnyDVD overwrites/suppresses/whatever the playlists line when I mount a ripped iso.
I think AnyDVD should still display this line, so for me is this a bug.

Yes, it's been mentioned a few times over the last couple of years about this.
I've suggested AnyDVD shouldn't overwrite/create the 'disc.inf' if there is one already present (or at least retain playlist info)

If I remember right developers didn't see it as a bug and this is intended - the fix was just disable AnyDVD on your virtual drive if using unprotected/already processed ISO images.

I'd be interested to see what @Pete thinks about it now.

I stil get only 1 playlist per disc. Some time ago more discs could be decoded without internet access. Could this have introduced a bug that AnyDVD won't go look for new info if it already has it locally (just a wild guess).

If you do a create logfile for each disc using the original or a protected ISO. It will connect to the OPD and give you the most current Playlist data.

Is to the iso yes, if it's protected but it will NOT write that disc.inf file INTO the iso. Not even if it's protected, once an iso has been created its "final", unless AnyDVD were to get iso EDITING/Modifying capabilities and i don't see that happening very easily.

If it's protected then it doesn't make a disc.inf file inside the ISO. That is one of the reasons for making it protected.
It pulls that information from the OPD or LOCAL Database. I know that as I've had to do it before myself.
Now if it is a decrypted ISO then yes that information from the OPD is there and permanent.
Which is why I specifically said to use the original or a Protected ISO (Not Decrypted).

Yes, it's been mentioned a few times over the last couple of years about this.
Really? I can't remember.
I've suggested AnyDVD shouldn't overwrite/create the 'disc.inf' if there is one already present (or at least retain playlist info)

If I remember right developers didn't see it as a bug and this is intended - the fix was just disable AnyDVD on your virtual drive if using unprotected/already processed ISO images.
Really? I still can't remember. IMHO the playlist info should be preserved. I'll look into it.

Really? I can't remember.
Really? I still can't remember. IMHO the playlist info should be preserved. I'll look into it.

Yes, it's been brought up a few times, I can't remember though if any developers specifically said it was intended or not.

Either way I do know that AnyDVD "replaces" the 'disc.inf' on the fly with a 'disc.inf' that does not contain playlist info and has done for a few years.

Edit: Not that it matters, but here is one post of mine regarding it.

Last edited:
Yes, it's been brought up a few times, I can't remember though if any developers specifically said it was intended or not.

Either way I do know that AnyDVD "replaces" the 'disc.inf' on the fly with a 'disc.inf' that does not contain playlist info and has done for a few years.

Edit: Not that it matters, but here is one post of mine regarding it.
Well, this must be an entirely different (3 years old) problem:
AnyDVD does display the playlist in the status window, but it is not included in the disc.inf file.
If AnyDVD currently displays playlists in the status window, it *will* (at least try) to write them to disc.inf.
The actual problem is, that it will not show playlists in the status window with (most) unprotected images.

Anyway, I've fixed the problem for the next update.

Well, this must be an entirely different (3 years old) problem
AnyDVD does display the playlist in the status window, but it is not included in the disc.inf file

I've never seen that issue (I think the poster said he made a mistake and was looking at the wrong rip)
Only issue I've seen over those years is no playlist info listed anywhere when AnyDVD is active on an unprotected rip that did already have playlist info listed.

The actual problem is, that it will not show playlists in the status window with (most) unprotected images.

Oh I didn't even realise that AnyDVD was intended to even keep/show playlists in the status window in those cases (I've never seen it shown) - it was a bigger bug than I thought :). That makes sense and will be even better, thanks for the fix!

Last edited:
8.1.1.0 2017 04 03
- New (Blu-ray): Preserve playlist information in disc.inf of mounted images

I've tried v8.1.1.0 on a few of my unprotected Screen Pass ISO's.
Playlist info is indeed now shown in the status window and retained in the 'disc.inf' file - Very nice, thanks James (y)

I wonder how that works. Afaik once an image has been created with a disc.inf WITHOUT playlist info, i can't imagine AnyDVD being able to update the file with a playlist.

I wonder how that works. Afaik once an image has been created with a disc.inf WITHOUT playlist info, i can't imagine AnyDVD being able to update the file with a playlist.

You're right it can't. This is for images that already have playlist info, with previous versions when active on the image AnyDVD would "remove" that playlist info "on the fly" and it wouldn't be shown anywhere. Now with AnyDVD 8.1.1.0 it retains the playlist info from the image and it is shown :)

Ah like that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Back