• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Wild Angels

ZARTT

I have a 53 year old movie that I wanted to load on to my server.
With AnyDVD HD active, Clone DVD showed only 2 audio tracks, and no video tracks.
I activated A-I always on, and agressive I-O singularly, and both at the same time with no change.
RIP to H-D shows complete in about 10 seconds, with the progress bar at 75% and job done.
Power DVD 10, and 16 will not play the movie on my rig unless ANYDVD HD is exited.
With AnyDVD HD exited, both PDVD 10, and 16 played the movie OK.
Widows Explorer shows the proper DVD structure with Any DVD HD deactivated.
Taking that as a clue I was able to rip, and shrink using DVD Shrink 3.2.
I accomplished what I wanted with AnyDVD HD deactivated.
I am not asking for help here, but maybe staff could find some kind of hole in the program that they didn't know existed.
Art

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.4.0_Info_F_WILD_ANGELS.ziplog
    91.8 KB · Views: 7
I have a 53 year old movie that I wanted to load on to my server.
With AnyDVD HD active, Clone DVD showed only 2 audio tracks, and no video tracks.
I activated A-I always on, and agressive I-O singularly, and both at the same time with no change.
RIP to H-D shows complete in about 10 seconds, with the progress bar at 75% and job done.
Power DVD 10, and 16 will not play the movie on my rig unless ANYDVD HD is exited.
With AnyDVD HD exited, both PDVD 10, and 16 played the movie OK.
Widows Explorer shows the proper DVD structure with Any DVD HD deactivated.
Taking that as a clue I was able to rip, and shrink using DVD Shrink 3.2.
I accomplished what I wanted with AnyDVD HD deactivated.
I am not asking for help here, but maybe staff could find some kind of hole in the program that they didn't know existed.
Art
Thanks, does it work with AI scanner set back to default? If not, does it work if you untick "copy proetcion based on unreadable sectors"?

James:
With AI scanner set back to default, and Agressive IO mode unselected, the disc still only shows two audio files with Clone DVD.
I un-selected "copy protectection based on unreadable sectors", the AI selection choice then greyed out, and when I asked for a logfile, ANY DVD HD threw a dialog box, and crashed. (first dialog box jpg)
In the time period that I was screen capturing, and stashing the dialog box, (3.0 minutes) ,the program "woke up", and presented a ziplog. (much bigger this time than the one in the first post of the thread)
I tried Clone DVD once again with the unselected CPBOUS, and it still showed two audio files only.
Another try with CPBOUS unselected for a logfile, and the program crashed again, giving dialog box #2.
The program didn't wake up this time and I had to use the Task Manager to clean things up.
I was trying for a dump file, but never got one.
I also tried a simple Windows copy, and got unreadable sectors at about 21%
Art
If this is meaningful, the disc was released from the Roger Corman Collection by MGM in 2007
There is a string of numbers in a hologram around the hub, they are:
L801 9655 M108721A N70812-07D 2615 for whatever that is worth.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.4.0_Info_F_WILD_ANGELS.ziplog
    134.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Ziplog request dialog box.jpg
    Ziplog request dialog box.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Ziplog req. dialog #2.jpg
    Ziplog req. dialog #2.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
The other discs from this set don't exhibit this problem?
Can you please try to disable the remastering functions in AnyDVD (disable all remove annoying ... checkboxes)? This should work.
And please, don't enable "aggressive I/O". It doesn't do any good.

James:
The other discs in the set gave no problem with the default settings of ANY DVD.
Disabling the "annoy" settings allowed Clone DVD to see all of the files on this disc.
I was able to rip, and back it up.
I really didn't trust the one I got from Shrink.
Got a clean back-up for my server.
Thank you for your advice.
This suggestion is now in my bag of diagnostic steps for the future.
Art.

James:
The other discs in the set gave no problem with the default settings of ANY DVD.
Disabling the "annoy" settings allowed Clone DVD to see all of the files on this disc.
I was able to rip, and back it up.
I really didn't trust the one I got from Shrink.
Got a clean back-up for my server.
Thank you for your advice.
This suggestion is now in my bag of diagnostic steps for the future.
Art.
AnyDVD 8.3.4.1 should work with this movie, if you keep "remove annoyances" enabled.

Back