• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Walking Dead - Season 9

san_man

Hi there. I'm on here reading all the time, although I rarely post. I have an issue, I'm guessing I have a defective disc, but I need a little help from you folks to determine this one.

I purchased this set online through Amazon. I contacted the seller once I realized that disc four will not load on my dvd player, and I was unable to rip to hard drive with AnyDVD . The rest of the discs are fine. (I had told myself I could just use a copy instead, but no dice.) The seller replaced the set, and it seems I have the same issue.

Would you mind very much taking a look at this for me so I know which next steps to take?

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.4.1_Info_D_WALKING_DEAD_S9_D4 OK.ziplog
    111.9 KB · Views: 5
Hi there. I'm on here reading all the time, although I rarely post. I have an issue, I'm guessing I have a defective disc, but I need a little help from you folks to determine this one.

I purchased this set online through Amazon. I contacted the seller once I realized that disc four will not load on my dvd player, and I was unable to rip to hard drive with AnyDVD . The rest of the discs are fine. (I had told myself I could just use a copy instead, but no dice.) The seller replaced the set, and it seems I have the same issue.

Would you mind very much taking a look at this for me so I know which next steps to take?

Thanks very much!
Is this from an original disc? Looks like a bootleg to me. You can try to set AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc, but I doubt, it will help.

Is this from an original disc? Looks like a bootleg to me. You can try to set AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc, but I doubt, it will help.

This is from an original disc.

So, when I contact the retailer, what should I be telling them? The other discs were excellent quality video, they are silver, not purple, I'm not sure what else I could do to verify for sure. They certainly seem legit. Should I be suggesting it's a defective disc/bad lot, or is it something else?

This is from an original disc.

So, when I contact the retailer, what should I be telling them? The other discs were excellent quality video, they are silver, not purple, I'm not sure what else I could do to verify for sure. They certainly seem legit. Should I be suggesting it's a defective disc/bad lot, or is it something else?
It is a single layer disc with zero protection, which is odd for a retail disc. Since there is no protection, you don't need AnyDVD. Exit AnyDVD and try ripping the disc just with Windows and see if it works. It may retry enough to get through any bad spots.

It is a single layer disc with zero protection, which is odd for a retail disc. Since there is no protection, you don't need AnyDVD. Exit AnyDVD and try ripping the disc just with Windows and see if it works. It may retry enough to get through any bad spots.
Thanks. I'll give that a try. I wonder why it won't load onto my DVD player though? This is what first led me to question the disc itself, or it being from a bad pressing. All the same, I would like to press this further with the retailer. Can anyone tell me from the logfile if it's a disc issue? As I said, all the other 5 discs will load...

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I wonder why it won't load onto my DVD player though? This is what first led me to question the disc itself, or it being from a bad pressing. All the same, I would like to press this further with the retailer. Can anyone tell me from the logfile if it's a disc issue? As I said, all the other 5 discs will load...
There were no visible read errors in the log that I could see, so if it is an original retail disc, could just be poorly mastered. @James is the expert and would have to say for sure.

It is a disc issue.

Even if it's a pressed disc, if it's single layered and/or has no protection (like mmdavis says it is), you most likely have a bootleg. This is a rampant issue on Amazon right now with 3rd party sellers. Even if you buy directly from Amazon, you can get one because they mix their stock.

The first thing I do when I get a new disc is use AnyDVD to check and ensure I didn't get a bootleg. If I did, it goes straight back. It's happened to me a few times.

Last edited:
Back