• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Very Best UHD Drive for AnyDVD

JohnnySH

Hi guys

I own AnyDVDHD and prefer to use it over MakeMKV although its another fine product

I have been limping along with an old LG ihos104 drive, which has allowed me to archive and backup many of my DVDs and Blu Rays

But would now like to invest in a new UHD drive that is fully compatible with AnyDVD, I guess the best drive at this moment in time.

I appreciate many of the drives need to be firmware updated

Would appreciate any info and knowledge on the best drives at this moment in time and what should be the best choice

Thank you in advance

Reagrds

Thank you for the info, wow this is not as simple as just buying a drive

Hello,

I hope I am posting this in the correct thread.

I have not used Any DVD HD in some time.
Am having a new PC built.

I think it is important for me to have at least two optical drives on board in case one will not work with certain disks Etc.

Purchased a Mercury Pro enclosure for my LG GGW H20L drive.
It is to long and will not fit.

Luckily it fit my Asus drive.

I have been speaking with someone with Vantec he said their enclosures with fit this as well as the Pioneer 212UBK drives but he says I need to change the power adapter if I choose to use my current LG to a 12V 4 amp.

I have never seen this as an issue before.

Any thoughts on this?

I am looking into purchasing a new Ultra BR drive.

Narrowed down my choices to LG WH16NS60 or Pioneer 212UBK.

Have not burned disk in some time.
I just put files into HDD.
Am asking for drive that plays most disks including UHD.

Any suggestions?

Using ANY DVD to move files into NAS drive.

Have never needed Make MV before.

Looking forward to replies.

Thank you

If you have read the guide what are your remaining questions?

I do not see why I would have to a flash player.

Just want a recommendation of which drive to purchase.

Have listed what I want it to do.

Any idea as to why I was told standard Power adapters do not work with my LG?

my current understanding is the Pioneer is better for writing on optical disks.
I am not concerned about this.

Just want the best player I can get.

Since my PC has not arrived yet,
Am unable to try it out now for using ANY DVD HD.

But other than UHD disks,

I am wondering if anything has changed since have not used it in many years?

just use ANY DVD to decrypt files and then move to drive.

Did not see any reason that I needed Clone BD but kind of remember this might be needed for some sort of audio transfering.

Do I need Clone as well?

Thank you

Your questions about specifying a drive which can play UHD blu-Ray are answered in the guide.

For the purposes of UHD blu-Ray playback using AnyDVDHD, you need to select a friendly drive and the drive firmware must be flashed for AnyDVDHD to be able to decrypt the contents of the disc.

Note, the Pioneer 212UBK is an Official (not friendly) drive and cannot be used for UHD blu-Ray playback with AnyDVDHD.

Absolutely the answer I was looking for.

Almost pulled the trigger on this drive.

Will cross it off my list.

I have received excellent support starting with Sly Soft.

Frank is still greatly missed.

He was absolutely wonderful and a pleasure to work with.

This UHD situation reminds me of ripping SACD's.
One needs a specific drive to play these disks and it is complex to rip them.

Had no idea until now that I need Mk Mk V to rip UHD disks.

Am going to consult with one of the people listed about their site about having on of my drives flashed and possible a gettingg another drive.

Most appreciated

I spent some time in contact with Billy from the USA who sells Flashed drives Etc.

He has been absolutely wonderful and very knowledgeable on this subject.

One last question.
Do I need Clone BD with AnyDVD HD?

Think I have things sorted out now.

Most appreciated

If you're not compressing clonebd is free to use. But yes it's absolutely good to have.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I try to avoid compressing but this is good to know and probably worth having as you mentioned.

Thank you

Your questions about specifying a drive which can play UHD blu-Ray are answered in the guide.

For the purposes of UHD blu-Ray playback using AnyDVDHD, you need to select a friendly drive and the drive firmware must be flashed for AnyDVDHD to be able to decrypt the contents of the disc.

Note, the Pioneer 212UBK is an Official (not friendly) drive and cannot be used for UHD blu-Ray playback with AnyDVDHD.

Sorry to bring up an old thread.
Is this still current with the pioneer 212UBK and also Pioneer BDR-S12UHT.
Only asking as on the https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/guide-for-flashing-uhd-drives-for-anydvd.79023/

it states

"Other software (Makemkv, DVDFab etc.) works both with "UHD Official drives" and “UHD friendly drives”. AnyDVDHD only works with “UHD friendly drives”. The good news is, “UHD friendly drives” work with all of them.

Update January 4, 2022: AnyDVD now also works with official drives since version 8.5.8.2!"

not trying to correct you in any way, just interested as i am in the market for a couple blu ray drives
thankyou in advance for your help

That statement was the position prior to development of support for Official Panasonic drives via the latest AnyDVDHD version which supports libredrive.

If you plan to use the drive for burning, Panasonic (apologies I meant Pioneer, it was late !) drives are worth considering.

Last edited:
Correct. As long as you have the latest version of MakeMKV installed, AnyDVD will work with any drive supported by LibreDrive.

P.S. Those are Pioneer drives. ;)

That statement was the position prior to development of support for Official Panasonic drives via the latest AnyDVDHD version which supports libredrive.

If you plan to use the drive for burning, Panasonic drives are worth considering.
Correct. As long as you have the latest version of MakeMKV installed, AnyDVD will work with any drive supported by LibreDrive.

P.S. Those are Pioneer drives. ;)

thankyou both for the info regarding burning
This would mean the Pioneer drives mentioned would work for UHD bulu-ray playback aswell with the latest anydvdhd?

Back