• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The unofficial: Best deal for Double-Layer BD-R per disc (after shipping)

The B&H Photo - Video - Pro Audio website is selling these discs for $84.95. You can have them shipped for $3.35 via UPS Mail Innovations (5-7 days), $4.95 UPS Ground which would be 2 days in my case, and then more expensive shipping options. The killer comes down to the sales tax. Anyway, were I to order using UPS Mail Innovations the total price would come out to be $96.03. Ordering this from Amazon for $88.30, with Amazon Prime free 2 day shipping, plus tax also comes out to $96.03. Same price. I have no idea how much shipping would cost without using Amazon Prime. Refer to these discs at the B&H website here: Verbatim BD-R DL Blu-ray 50GB 2x Disc (Spindle Pack of 10) (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/622746-REG/Verbatim_96909_BD_R_DL_Blu_ray_50GB.html). The reason I am even mentioning this is because it might be cheaper for some people to order from B&H in the long run and you can use PayPal to pay with which is something Amazon will never allow and that annoys me to no end.

I ordered Verbatim BD-R Blu-ray Recordable Disc (Spindle Pack of 10) 25GB 4x blanks (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/592757-REG/Verbatim_96769_BD_R_Blu_ray_Recordable_Disc.html) from B&H the other day for $17.95 excluding tax and shipping costs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply DrinkLyeAndDie, Actually, I have Amazon Prime because I order from Amazon alot. The price with Amazon is going to be cheaper for those of us with Amazon Prime. It's $88.33 no tax, free 2 day shipping even to states that have sales tax. Actually, a lot of times I order overnight for only $3 or so. They give you the responsibility of reporting/paying your local state tax at the end of the tax year.

I'm sure people will find better one day coupon deals.

Thank again for the reply! Keep them coming.

-MKA

The B&H Photo - Video - Pro Audio website is selling these discs for $84.95. You can have them shipped for $3.35 via UPS Mail Innovations (5-7 days), $4.95 UPS Ground which would be 2 days in my case, and then more expensive shipping options. The killer comes down to the sales tax. Anyway, were I to order using UPS Mail Innovations the total price would come out to be $96.03. Ordering this from Amazon for $88.30, with Amazon Prime free 2 day shipping, plus tax also comes out to $96.03. Same price. I have no idea how much shipping would cost without using Amazon Prime. Refer to these discs at the B&H website here: Verbatim BD-R DL Blu-ray 50GB 2x Disc (Spindle Pack of 10) (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/622746-REG/Verbatim_96909_BD_R_DL_Blu_ray_50GB.html). The reason I am even mentioning this is because it might be cheaper for some people to order from B&H in the long run and you can use PayPal to pay with which is something Amazon will never allow and that annoys me to no end.

I ordered Verbatim BD-R Blu-ray Recordable Disc (Spindle Pack of 10) 25GB 4x blanks (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/592757-REG/Verbatim_96769_BD_R_Blu_ray_Recordable_Disc.html) from B&H the other day for $17.95 excluding tax and shipping costs.

Thanks for the quick reply DrinkLyeAndDie, Actually, I have Amazon Prime because I order from Amazon alot. The price with Amazon is going to be cheaper for those of us with Amazon Prime. It's $88.33 no tax, free 2 day shipping even to states that have sales tax. Actually, a lot of times I order overnight for only $3 or so. They give you the responsibility of reporting/paying your local state tax at the end of the tax year.

I'm sure people will find better one day coupon deals.

Thank again for the reply! Keep them coming.

-MKA

Just for clarification, in NY State sales tax is collected by Amazon at the time of purchase including when purchasing these discs. There was a big fight over that and it may still be being fought in the courts. Purchasing from the Amazon Marketplace, on the other hand, does not charge the buyer sales tax at the time of purchase. In that case, yes, reporting and paying the sales tax is the responsibility of the buyer.

On another note with respect to sales tax, people should know that they can be effectively screwed over by the "estimated" sales tax that you might pay for an online purchase. I discovered this when I was price-checking an item from Best Buy and whether I wanted to order it directly online and have it shipped to my residence or opt for in-store pick-up. On an item that was $17.50 I noted that having the item shipped to my residence would have cost me an extra 75 cents¹ in sales tax. Both the store I would have picked the item up from and where I live have the same exact sales tax rate. There should have been absolutely no difference. So, for the people who do have to pay sales tax on online purchases, be aware that the merchants might be screwing with you and it's perfectly acceptable because it's clearly listed as "estimated". They nickel and dime you to death. It may not seem like a lot but 75¹ cents difference on a $17.50 item is ridiculous.

Anyway, I don't want to really drag this thread off-topic but it is something for people to consider. :)

¹ I wrongly stated 50 cents initially. The difference was in fact 75 cents.

Last edited:
Back