The Tunnel - Season 2 not ripped properly

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by thetoad, Dec 24, 2017.

1. thetoad

thetoad Active Member

Wondering if any thought has been given to making anydvd fix this issue? haven't had any luck trying to get dune's attention on it. Basically told that these devices are very old.

I've hit the same problem with Red Tails (a bd+ title) ripped with 8.2.1.0. It plays in vlc 3.0. My hope is that kodi based devices get up to speed quickly with libbluray and future proof bluray playback (at least when ripped with anydvd). Can't work around with manually (or at least haven't figured out yet how to do it).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Aeneas72

Aeneas72 Active Member

Did you try the latest version of AnyDVD, which is 8.2.2.2?

3. thetoad

thetoad Active Member

no, but as I didn't see any mention of it in the changelog (or comments here) that anything has changed for that. The problem is understood by the devs, constantly reripping with each version isn't a good use of my time unless they tell me they have an implementation to work around the player bug.

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

To reproduce this problem (it is easier to fix) I tried the disc with the DuneHD Solo 4k lite. Unfortunately, it just works fine. So, Dune could port their newest BD stack to older models, but they would certainly prefer if you buy a new device...

5. thetoad

thetoad Active Member

I think it would entail dune porting the entire bd stack, i.e. they just cant patch it, as I dont think they were even provided the source code to the bluray playack engine (as it seems the bluray playback engines on my neotv 550 and dune smart h1, are basically the same, so my guess its provided by sigma as a blob). But as you said, they probably have little incentive to do that.

As I said above, as libbluray percolates out into the ecosystem, it will eventually deprecate the main value of the dune to me, it still be nice until then :) Otherwise, I'll hope that you guys get bored and decide to implement it one day :)