• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Tunnel - Season 2 not ripped properly

Wondering if any thought has been given to making anydvd fix this issue? haven't had any luck trying to get dune's attention on it. Basically told that these devices are very old.

I've hit the same problem with Red Tails (a bd+ title) ripped with 8.2.1.0. It plays in vlc 3.0. My hope is that kodi based devices get up to speed quickly with libbluray and future proof bluray playback (at least when ripped with anydvd). Can't work around with manually (or at least haven't figured out yet how to do it).

Last edited:
Wondering if any thought has been given to making anydvd fix this issue? haven't had any luck trying to get dune's attention on it. Basically told that these devices are very old.

I've hit the same problem with Red Tails (a bd+ title) ripped with 8.2.1.0. It plays in vlc 3.0. My hope is that kodi based devices get up to speed quickly with libbluray and future proof bluray playback (at least when ripped with anydvd). Can't work around with manually (or at least haven't figured out yet how to do it).

Did you try the latest version of AnyDVD, which is 8.2.2.2?

no, but as I didn't see any mention of it in the changelog (or comments here) that anything has changed for that. The problem is understood by the devs, constantly reripping with each version isn't a good use of my time unless they tell me they have an implementation to work around the player bug.

To reproduce this problem (it is easier to fix) I tried the disc with the DuneHD Solo 4k lite. Unfortunately, it just works fine. So, Dune could port their newest BD stack to older models, but they would certainly prefer if you buy a new device...

I think it would entail dune porting the entire bd stack, i.e. they just cant patch it, as I dont think they were even provided the source code to the bluray playack engine (as it seems the bluray playback engines on my neotv 550 and dune smart h1, are basically the same, so my guess its provided by sigma as a blob). But as you said, they probably have little incentive to do that.

As I said above, as libbluray percolates out into the ecosystem, it will eventually deprecate the main value of the dune to me, it still be nice until then :) Otherwise, I'll hope that you guys get bored and decide to implement it one day :)

@James Victoria Season 2 (as expected, another PBS release), is the same, easily able to reauthor this one (again, as a PBS release that anydvd just shortcuts all the java code). Any thoughts if anydvd will ever try to fix this itself or I shouldn't be holding my breath about that?

thanks!

Back