• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"The State Within" DVD - 2 Disc set - BBC Video, 2|entertain - Region 1 Color NTSC

BluRay444

Has anyone else ever tried to rip this 2-disc set? I've tried 2 brand new sets of these DVDs, disc 1 rips fine, ripping disc 2 fails on both sets, but I haven't watched the entire ripped copy yet. When I play disc 2 in an Oppo UDP-203 it occasionally stops, either briefing or completely, will continue after press 'play' button (sometimes several times), but fails more than once during play, at different places fro each other. It seems like the disc 2's might be a faulting mastering or pressing. Will post logs later.

*Notes: The disk sets were advertised as Region 1 by the sellers, and the box does say Region 1 NTSC in tiny letters on the back.

Last edited:
Do you get any read errors? Are there scratches and did you try to clean it?

Do you get any read errors? Are there scratches and did you try to clean it?
The discs are factory new and pristine. Discs were sealed from the factory, the sealed edges were emblazoned with "BBC VIDEO" all around the edges.

Log:
Warning: ud : sync depends failed.
Critical: Drive Read Failed. LBA 1226144-1226175. Code 23, 3:11:4.
Warning: I0 read error.
Critical: Drive Read Failed. LBA 1226976-1227007. Code 23, 3:11.4.

Attachments

• THE STATE WITHIN DVD 2 ANYDVD REPORT.JPG
    THE STATE WITHIN DVD 2 ANYDVD REPORT.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 7
Exit AnyDVD and remove the disc. After that, set the drives Region. I would assume Region 1 is the right one in that case, unless the disc is imported.
Then insert the disc again and start AnyDVD. If it still doesn't work, create and upload a log.

I'm thinking this is a bad pressing of the 2nd disc, maybe a whole run

Okay, but both the disk 1's from this release ripped perfectly without that on the same drive.

Exit AnyDVD and remove the disc. After that, set the drives Region. I would assume Region 1 is the right one in that case, unless the disc is imported.
Then insert the disc again and start AnyDVD. If it still doesn't work, create and upload a log.
Are you referring to the "Settings => Default Region => XXXX"
If you are, that was already set to "1.United States"
Let me know if I've got the wrong one please.

Exit AnyDVD: Go to control panel - device manager- DVD/CD drives. Double-click it. Set the region to USA. Reboot. Try again. If it fails then, post An AnyDVD log file.

I corrected my original post, the last sentence was ambiguous. The discs are identified on the case as region 1, even though several sellers state that it is Region Free, but who knows, the post card inside
Exit AnyDVD: Go to control panel - device manager- DVD/CD drives. Double-click it. Set the region to USA. Reboot. Try again. If it fails then, post An AnyDVD log file.
I probably won't get to this until tomorrow, but I'm not holding out hope for this, because as I mentioned above, both Disc 2's won't play properly in my Oppo UDP-203 either.

Have you tried more than 1 DVD drive on a PC to read these in? Sometimes, some drives are picky about reading certain discs. LG drives are bad about that. Other drives may read in Disc 2. Particularly since you had the same problem reading Disc 2 from 2 different sets. If you can get access to one, I'd attach a USB drive and try reading it again with Disc 2.

The discs are factory new and pristine. Discs were sealed from the factory, the sealed edges were emblazoned with "BBC VIDEO" all around the edges.

Log:
Warning: ud : sync depends failed.
Critical: Drive Read Failed. LBA 1226144-1226175. Code 23, 3:11:4.
Please post an AnyDVD logfile.

Back