• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Simpsons the Movie German Edition Blu-ray

DonCarlos

Hi Guys,

Today I got The Simpsons the Movie on Blu ray disc. It was a birthday present from my sister. It just came out today, and we all know it is a Fox release, so of course it has BD+ on it :agree:. To my surprise I could rip it without any issue everything worked fine, also the BD+ bug seems to still be there. I wanted to play it back with PowerDVD version 3104 but PowerDVD says there would not be enough Ram( I have 4gigs so that should be enough) I moved to PowerDVD 3319a and tried to play it back everything works nice but one thing isn't working. The language the movie starts in English. When I press the right mouse button an click on select Audio the fieled is greyed out. Also when I try to play the disc directly with AnyDVD running the same thing happens.I know it has Germen langugae audio because I tested it on my sons PS3. I don't know what to do? I cannot check if it is a PowerDVD issue or a AnyDVD issue because my PC monitor isn't HDCP compilant.I already contacted Cyberlink(no answer jet) but I know what they are going to say move to 3319f or later...... I never had such an issue with any other disc. Can BD+ cause this issue?
Any Help?

Did you try switching language using button in the toolbar on the bottom?

Another idea: Can you go to the main menu of the BR and change the language option there?

Last edited:
DO you have the region removal settings for any DVD on/off/ automatic?
If it's automatic you may switch to a fixed value.....

That is also curious as far as I see there is no menu on this BD so I cannot go and change the language there.

For the region settings I tried Region A/B/C and automatic. The disc is region B so with A and C nothing works, when I select automatic it says the disc is A so that doesn't work either, if I select B it works they way I mentioned, but I can not select the language.....

so there's no 'popup' menu whilst the movie is playing?

No, when you play the disc the movie starts automatically. And after the end of the movie also the menu doesn't show up.....

is there a thread or site somewhere that lists the current titles that have BD+?

I found a workaround for my problem. I went back to PowerDVD Ultra 2911 and guess what there everything works, I can select the language. :agree::confused:.

So thank you for your help.

No there isn't a list of BD+ titels, but as far as I know there are just 3 titels out with BD+:

Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
The Day after Tomorrow
The Simpsons the Movie

and all Fox releases which are coming.....

There are more than 3 BD+ titles, the Die hard ones are BD+ if I remember correctly and I know there are more. Seems strange you couldn't get it to work, works fine for me using 3319a. I get a popup menu option during the film

As far as I know the following titles are BD+ protected:

Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer
The Day After Tomorrow
Die Hard 1/2/4 (probably 3 as well, if it's out)
Master and Commander
The Simpsons Movie
Sunshine

These are the ones where I know for sure. Possibly there are more BD+ protected titles out there. Feel free to complete the list.

Spiderman doesn't have BD+, it's not released by FOX

Spiderman doesn't have BD+, it's not released by FOX

Yeah, you're right. I just heard that some people had a problem playing with a PDVD version prior to 3319. That made me think it had one....

I tried from disc with the Ger version today. Was able to switch between the languages when using the popup menu. The Audio streams were still greyed like you said.
I'm using 3319a and Simpsons German Blu Ray.
I'll try now if it works from HDD the same way....

Can confirm works for me from HDD as well.
With 3319a.
Can select all languages.

dude if you can play the movie with out the disc with its orginal language
this is great news :bowdown:

Back