• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Shallows, Not Playlist Obfuscation, But Something Else ???

Jeff R 1

MPC-HC and Speed Menu picks .0001 as the playlist at 1:26:16
Procmon with Power DVD consistently picks .0334, and also at 1:26:16.
It's a Sony disc so I don't think it's obfuscation, but there are dozens of playlists ???
Which is correct, they both seem to be English sound tracks with no subtitles or foreign signs ?
I've included the Jar file just in case.
Never had this happen before...
Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.3_Info_D_THE_SHALLOWS.ziplog
    245.5 KB · Views: 11
It's been stated a few times now, the procmon trick no longer works. Screenpass has been updated to use cached playlists that use numbers of fake ones

It's been stated a few times now, the procmon trick no longer works. Screenpass has been updated to use cached playlists that use numbers of fake ones
Except that, as he correctly stated, this is not a Screen Pass disc.

Which is correct, they both seem to be English sound tracks with no subtitles or foreign signs ?
I've included the Jar file just in case.

Don't worry so much :)

There are two playlists covering the complete movie, which is a single clip.
The only difference between the two is: playlist 1 has two additional English subtitles.

Whether they contain anything useful, I can't say. 00334 is the "release" version of the movie, but 00001 is the same, except that it has these two additional subs.

CloneBD and AnyDVD always pick the playlist (if in doubt), with the most tracks, so you have the most to choose from.

Thanks Pete
I did start randomly checking the other play lists, the ones I did check were FBI warnings in different languages and other useless bits.
@Ch3vr0n
I still use Procmon when there is no screen pass and it works when there isn't.
Eg, "The Lorax" (the new one with Danny DeVito).
MPC-HC will choose the wrong play list, so in this case the Procmon comes in handy.
It chooses the one where there is the director commentary.

Was not there an update to the method to still determine the true playlist?

The last time I messed with cashed protection I used aldup but gave up coming up with ways to determine the mpls. James and pete are quick to respond...

Back