The Oath not recognizing

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Lonald, May 8, 2019.

1. Lonald

Lonald Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I am trying to backup this movie and it's not playing directly off the compute disc player. The file structure in Windows Explorer shows a large number of copies. Logfile attached.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. FurryGuy

FurryGuy Well-Known Member

There is a beta available, try that.

AnyDVD (HD) 8.3.5.1 beta

If that doesn't solve your problem, please post a new log file created with the beta.

3. Lonald

Lonald Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that did not work. Logfile attached.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

First thing to do is set your drive region. That may or may not fix this issue, but does really need to be done. Make sure you EXIT AnyDVD before checking or setting the drive region.
    There are read errors also. Whether it is a defective/dirty disc or new protection, @James would need to say. Might try cleaning it a bit.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

The good news: The read errors are caused by a Sony copy protection, which can easily be handled by AnyDVD.
    The bad news: I don't know, why it doesn't and ignores the protection.
    You did not set your region code. Can you please try this? Exit AnyDVD and set the drive region in Windows Device Manager.

6. Lukas

Lukas Well-Known Member

7. Lonald

Lonald Well-Known Member

Thanks, everyone. Attached is a logfile from a drive with the US region specified.

Attached Files:

8. Lonald

Lonald Well-Known Member

Hi Lucas. Just tried the 8.3.5.2.beta and the same extensive file structure is present.

9. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Then you'll need to provide a new logfile from that version

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

10. Lonald

Lonald Well-Known Member

Attached.

Attached Files:

11. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Log looks fine. What exactly is the problem, log looks fine. What exactly are you doing, and how are you doing it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

12. James

Your AnyDVD doesn't "see" the protection. It does, if I run your files through simulation. I am completely puzzled. Can you try to reset AnyDVD to default settings?

13. Lonald

Lonald Well-Known Member

Clicked on the "Default" box and attached is the logfile. The file structure is unchanged.

thanks!

Attached Files:

14. Lonald

Lonald Well-Known Member

Ok, here's an interesting twist. I created an ISO of the disc using ImgBurn and then went to make a backup using Pavtube ByteCopy. Now the file structure in Pavtube only shows one version and the ISO plays in the preview window. The ISO also plays in Leawo as well.

15. James

No, AnyDVD sees the protection now. All is fine. Use CloneDVD2 and be happy.